Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: APF 2K8 Previews & Media Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAPF 2K8 Previews & Media Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
slippy627 View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote slippy627 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: APF 2K8 Previews & Media Thread
    Posted: 07-13-2007 at 7:54pm
i think ill buy it just so i dont have to worry about roster updates.....because everytime i get madden i always end up playing week 1 a thousand times because a new roster update comes out.
My current 360 playlist: Gears of War..GRAW2..Guitar Hero 2..Dead Rising
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-09-2007 at 5:00pm
PR

2K Sports Launches "Football Resurrected" Campaign

showUSloc=(checkLocale('uk')||checkLocale('au'));document.writeln(showUSloc ? 'US, ' : ''); July 9, 2007 - Today publisher 2K Sports proudly announces the "Football Resurrected" campaign, a multi-platform marketing campaign in support of All-Pro Football 2K8, available on July 17 for the Xbox 360 and PS3. The campaign, which spans the online, print and broadcast mediums, is designed to attract fans of video games, hip-hop and football with engaging content that celebrates 2K Sports' return to the virtual football arena with All-Pro Football 2K8.

Kicking off the "Football Resurrected" campaign is an innovative episodic online video series featuring past and present hip-hop luminaries who sound off about different aspects of All-Pro Football 2K8. The six, two-minute episodes were shot by legendary music video director, Maz Makhani, and feature artists such as Rakim, Chali 2Na from Jurassic 5, Pep Love & Casual of Hieroglyphics, M-1 from Dead Prez, and Aceyalone.

The first two episodes, "Rice Returns" and "Give Me Real Football" can be viewed now at www.footballresurrected.com.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-30-2007 at 12:23am
Another video

Now this video brought some of the excitement back.

Sweetness...

Image borrowed from NGaf (4 MB)

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-29-2007 at 1:40pm
Gamespot preview  & Gameplay video

It looks better in motion but it is far from a looker.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-11-2007 at 6:52pm
Best of the Best Interview

Jerry Rice and Greg Thomas (VC)

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-09-2007 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Brent

I never thought I'd say this but I think Madden 08 looks much more realistic. The APF players have a "cartoony" look in that video.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-09-2007 at 9:33am

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-09-2007 at 6:06am
I realize that the video quality is not that good, but after watching the Madden gang-tackling video you posted, the APF players seem kinda robotic.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-09-2007 at 12:26am
Here is the video (poor quality version on google)...

Hopefully gametrailers has a HD version coming up. It would have been nice to see some actual gameplay footage instead of replays.  Kind of hard to give an impression on what I just saw because of that.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-08-2007 at 9:27pm
Well we have been waiting three years for this. 

4 hours to go.  Video is to be on Spike Tv at 1:00 Eastern and the trailer will be up at gametrailers at 1:30...

The images have been a little underwhelming but something tells me that they have been holding back and we will see something special tonight (at least in the animation dept).

I have to admit that this picture was pretty cool. Gotta love the stadiums that come alive when you score. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>