Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: APF 2K8 Previews & Media Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAPF 2K8 Previews & Media Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: APF 2K8 Previews & Media Thread
    Posted: 06-03-2007 at 1:55am

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-03-2007 at 7:55am
Impressive but let me see some gameplay shots before I get excited.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-06-2007 at 6:56pm
IGN has more pics

June 6, 2007

June 6, 2007

June 6, 2007

June 6, 2007

June 6, 2007

June 6, 2007

June 6, 2007

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-06-2007 at 7:02pm
Are those screenshots from the PS2 version? Wink
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-06-2007 at 7:08pm
Yea I was thinking along the same lines.  In pic #1 look at #25 in the far background. Don't recall any All-Pro's outside of kickers that have that physique.

Oh and the first video is coming (from 2ksports)

Default Exclusive APF Video

Will debut on Game Head on SpikeTV Friday Night at 1 am. You can check out the countdown to the video at http://www.gametrailers.com/

--------------------------

Kind of sad that your debut is on Spike freaking TV at 1:00 in the morning.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-06-2007 at 7:32pm
I'd be interested in seeing how it looks in motion. As I said before, the football I'm looking forward to the most is NCAA 08.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-06-2007 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Jason

As I said before, the football I'm looking forward to the most is NCAA 08.

Ditto!

Kevin
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-07-2007 at 11:59am
More info and screens

http://2ksports.com/games/football2k8/

Imagine Rice, Unitas, Butkus, and Singletary. In their prime, on the same
field, or maybe even the same team. Imagine preparing a precision
squad of mercenaries—even building your own players. Imagine football
action the way football is really played.  Now imagine the best gridiron game coming back for more. Imagine Football Resurrected. This is All Pro Football 2K8.

THIS SUMMER…THE LEGEND RETURNS.

Features
  • LEGENDS - Over 240 NFL legends make their return to the gridiron, including Hall of Famers such as Johnny Unitas, Dick Butkus, Joe Montana, Mike Singletary, Reggie White and Walter Payton.
  • SIGNATURE STYLE - Legends have their own signature moves in the game - Barry's spin, Walter's scissors kick, Jerry's one-handed grabŃthey're all there.
  • 2K SPORTS LEGACY - For the first time ever 2K Sports, the developers of top selling football games, will bring their critically acclaimed gameplay & graphics to the next generation platforms.
  • ALL-NEW PLAYER ATTRIBUTE SYSTEM - Gone are the 0-100 ratings so common for players in a simulation game. In APF the players have unique attributes that give them specialized skills. There are over a hundred distinct attributes available.
  • REACH TACKLE SYSTEM - Revolutionary new tackling scheme utilizes the right analog stick to allow you to make those last grasp tackles and stop a runner in his tracks.
  • INCREDIBLE CUSTOMIZATION - Build your roster, edit your team logo, uniforms, and choose your own celebrations after touchdowns, sacks and big plays.
  • CREATE-A-PLAYER - Build any player from the ground up including equipment, uniform and all of his physical attributes.
  • ADVANCED PLAY CALLING - Modify your playbook, set your coach tendencies, and have the coach call in the plays over a headset.
  • 2K SPORTS ONLINE - Full league and tournament support, league and schedule customization options.
  • 2K BROADCAST STYLE - New presentation style will combine TV broadcast with on field commentary bringing you closer to the action.
  • 2K Broadcasting – A new style combining TV broadcast with on-field commentary to put you closer to the action than ever before.
  • 2K BEATS – The All-Pro Football Soundtrack features originals, remixes and mashups produced by Z-Trip and featuring: Rakim, Dead Prez, Charli 2na, Slug, Aceyalone, Casual, Pep Love, Lateef, Gift of Gab, Keno 1, DJ Faust, Chevelle, Clutch, Dub Trio, Natural Self, Backyard Bangers, Deftones and Rush.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-07-2007 at 12:03pm
It always amazes me at the people who pick these screens out.

Do you want to show off the poor AA in your game and something that looks like it is a screen from Dead Rising 2?

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-08-2007 at 9:27pm
Well we have been waiting three years for this. 

4 hours to go.  Video is to be on Spike Tv at 1:00 Eastern and the trailer will be up at gametrailers at 1:30...

The images have been a little underwhelming but something tells me that they have been holding back and we will see something special tonight (at least in the animation dept).

I have to admit that this picture was pretty cool. Gotta love the stadiums that come alive when you score. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>