Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: The "I've got NCAA Football 08" Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe "I've got NCAA Football 08" Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The "I've got NCAA Football 08" Thread
    Posted: 07-22-2007 at 10:40am
I'll pick it up on 7/31.  You shouldn't pressure me to pick it up any earlier because you're going to need all of the headstart you can get so I don't completely humiliate you this year.Wink
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-22-2007 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Ted_L

I'll pick it up on 7/31.  You shouldn't pressure me to pick it up any earlier because you're going to need all of the headstart you can get so I don't completely humiliate you this year.Wink

I've got a entirely new offensive scheme to show you Wink. It may get ugly for you this year LOL.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-23-2007 at 3:58pm

Is not getting hit with 5 delays of game part of your scheme?

Because it should be.

Evil%20Smile
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-23-2007 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Ted_L

Is not getting hit with 5 delays of game part of your scheme?

You're close. Last night I got hit with four in one game LOL.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-23-2007 at 11:40pm
ClapLOL
I love it!
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-25-2007 at 9:57am
Guys,

Let's hear some impressions of the Xbox 360 version of NCAA Football. This is supposed to be the game that forces me to buy a 360 and I haven't heard too much about it here.

Kevin did posts some of his dislikes on his blog: Gut Reaction
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-25-2007 at 3:59pm
It still has room for improvement but is MUCH better then NCAA07 was. I am not a big fan of the Campus Legend simply because I prefer controlling all aspects of the game. The dynasty mode has improved and I think every area of the game is better.

You are not buying a console solely because of one game. I know you probably did not mean that but there is plenty to keep you busy on the 360. You could spend a month downloading demos and playing them. Then some XBL Arcade games (all of which can be demoed).

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-27-2007 at 11:21pm
After almost two weeks I have some minor complaints about NCAA 08:

1. There seem to be a lot of dropped passes. I've had a ton of perfectly good throws dropped by my receivers. I don't think the passing game is broken, but it does frustrate me at times.

2. The angles that the CPU defensive players take on the ball carrier. Outside runs work too well against the CPU. This wasn't as big of an issue against a human opponent though.

3. I'm also seeing a lot of picks thrown by the CPU QB, but this is a non-factor against a live person.

Other than those minor issues, it's a very good game.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-28-2007 at 10:13am
I'm not seeing #1 or #2, but I'm DEFINITELY struggling with #3 on the 360.  Slider tweaking is a must in this department, or it could truly ruin the game.  I'm getting 3-4 per game, with at least one returned for a TD.  Hopefully, we can figure out a work-around.

Unlike Brent, I really like CL mode.  It makes it into an RPG of sorts, and it's easy to progress in your career quickly with Supersim. 

Kevin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123