Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NCAA Football 08 Ladders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNCAA Football 08 Ladders

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NCAA Football 08 Ladders
    Posted: 07-31-2007 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Jason

Originally posted by Ted_L

You don't even want to play it offline?

I played another game and had 2 of my first 3 on-target passes dropped by wide open receivers. It already sold for $40, so I got most of my money back if you include the $10 gift card from Circuit City. I want credit for my one online victory though Wink.
I played some more NCAA 06 and am convinced I made the right decision selling NCAA 08. I went online with NCAA 06 and there were actually 3 other people online LOL. Ted, we should give it a try sometime.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-31-2007 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Ted_L

I played another game and had 2 of my first 3 on-target passes dropped by wide open receivers. It already sold for $40, so I got most of my money back if you include the $10 gift card from Circuit City. I want credit for my one online victory though Wink.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-31-2007 at 6:30pm

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-31-2007 at 11:40am
I changed my mind again (aren't you shocked Wink). I put it up for sale on Amazon.com: NCAA 08
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-31-2007 at 10:14am
I played 06 and 08 last night and realized that 08 has some good qualities that I'd miss like the offensive and defensive line adjustments, the better running game with more animations and smoother gameplay.

I'm able to fix the dropped passes (to a degree) with slider adjustments and also noticed that setting the QB's feet before he throws helps reduced dropped passes quite a bit. It's a shame that slider adjustments can't be used online and you're stuck with the horrible first-person camera too. Ted, the camera view on your onside kick in our game last night was ridiculous - my view was almost from your kicker's foot and on an angle that didn't show half of my team. I'm also not seeing the online glitches offline (receivers getting stuck in motion and not being able to hike the ball).

This may just have to be an offline game for me this season.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-30-2007 at 1:46pm
Let's give 06 a shot sometime soon. I'm going to play a few games of 06 offline and see how it compares to 08. I cranked up the QB Accuracy and Receiver Catching ability and it helped a little with 08 offline.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-30-2007 at 11:58am
I do still have 06 and would be happy to try a few games of that to see if we can get something going.

I remember seeing that pass in game one and commenting to my stepson "Right now Jason is getting pissed."Unhappy  It feels like they make up for most passes being on target by throwing in the random drops.  Wish they could design an engine that made the quarterback more inaccurate instead because this way just feels like manipulation and I hate feeling like the outcome is completely out of my control.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-30-2007 at 6:19am
Ted, do you still have NCAA 06? If so, would you want to see how it plays online now? I don't want you to spend $50 on NCAA 08 if you're not sold on it. I starting to have my doubts too. Too bad Hot Shots Tennis isn't online Cry - it's been monopolizing most of my playtime.

Edit: I know how you feel Ted, I had the slant passing play in the first game where my receiver dropped a perfectly thrown pass to the end zone - that killed me!!!

Edit #2: I can still get $40 for NCAA 08 if NCAA 06 is still playable online.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-29-2007 at 11:14pm
Maybe another subscription to something like gamefly is in order.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-29-2007 at 11:13pm
Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier, Jason.

Game 1 was a hoot.  Because I won Wink.  Seriously though, I am so rusty since I haven't been playing anything on consoles for months.

Game 2.  We both seemed to be getting hit with quite a few dropped passes.  The one that really irked me was the drop in the endzone at the end of the first half that I felt was contrived.  I'm seeing it on your side of offense too.  It just seems like the CPU decides that so many passes are going to be dropped, maybe a roll of the dice or something.  Then that late game drive where I complete 4 or 5 long passes that ended in a TD.  Really ridiculous because I was just throwing it up for grabs in that last drive.  A chimp could have played that last drive as well as I did.

Not being able to turn off that damn return camera is really a shame.

In answer to your PM, no I didn't notice the drop problem offline, but I only played 1 game offline and then the two against you online.

I was getting button lag during game 2 as well, but I've also been having some connection speed problems here this last week.  And there was a glitch that wouldn't let me call an audible.  I would bring up the menu, but no menu would appear...just wording that said audible.  And then I saw another glitch where you sent a man in motion and he got stuck against a lineman.

Honestly, and I'm not trying to be an instigator with this statement, but it seems like 08 has different menus, a return camera that sucks, updated rosters, a slightly different method of looking at X's and O's before the ball is snapped, plays the same as 06, and has more bugs.  First disappointing EA title I've played in three years.

I really would like to play online with you, especially this fall and winter, but I really don't want to spend $50 on this game that I don't think is as good as 06.  Not sure what to do at this point.

And it is $50 that I could put toward a 360 that would hopefully be purchased around the holiday season.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>