Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NCAA Football 08 Ladders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNCAA Football 08 Ladders

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NCAA Football 08 Ladders
    Posted: 07-18-2007 at 8:11pm
NCAA Football 08 Ladders have been set up for the PS2 & Xbox 360: SGN Ladders
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-27-2007 at 10:53pm
Good game Ted. Was the camera zoomed in on special teams for you? It was for me and there was no way to turn it off. It's not a game-breaker though.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-28-2007 at 3:11pm
Ted, what did you think of the online gameplay last night. I thought it was as smooth and responsive as an offline game. The only thing that I had a little trouble with was the kicking meter. Also, one of those "Delay of Game" penalties wasn't my fault. I was trying to hike the ball but the buttons weren't responding (fake hike or hike).
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-28-2007 at 10:42pm

Another incredible game. I forgot how tense these things get. Are you seeing a lot of dropped passes when you play offline?

We either both have really great defenses or really sh*tty offenses LOL. Don't forget to join the ladder so when can record our games.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-28-2007 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Jason

Another incredible game. I forgot how tense these things get. Are you seeing a lot of dropped passes when you play offline?

We either both have really great defenses or really sh*tty offenses LOL. Don't forget to join the ladder so when can record our games.

Here are the stats from our game:

Here are the official results of your NCAA(R) Football 08 game on 2007.7.29-2:32:19.

Mode: Unranked

Qtr Length: 5 minutes

Difficulty: Varsity

Opponent: granatofan

Final score: JasonSGN 10 vs. granatofan 7

Statistics JasonSGN granatofan

Rushing attempts for 17 16

Rushing yards for 36 -14

Passing attempts for 14 11

Passing yards for 100 122

Punts 3 4

Fake punts 0 0

Field goals for 1 0

Long field goals (40+) for 1 0

Fake kicks 0 0

Times player went for two 0 0

Rushing touchdowns for 0 0

Passing touchdowns for 1 1

Returns touchdowns for 0 0

Defensive touchdowns for 0 0

Turnovers for 1 1

Interceptions for 0 0

Sacks for 3 2

Number of third downs 9 5

Third down conversions 5 1

Fourth down rushing plays 0 0

Fourth down passing plays 0 0

Fourth-and-long situations 0 0

Fourth-and-long attempts 0 0

No-huddle plays 1 4

Audibles called 0 2

Hot routes used 9 2

Scrambles 0 0

Option plays 0 11

Shotgun plays 9 13

Hail Mary plays 0 0

Blitzes 13 16

Time of possession 10:27 9:33

Favorite offensive play book Texas A&M Oklahoma State

Favorite offensive formation Weak Shotgun

Favorite defensive formation 4-3 4-3

K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-29-2007 at 8:08am
Sounds like you guys had fun!  Brent and I couldn't connect!  I kept getting booted at the team selection screen.  I don't know what the problem was, but it must've been with EA's servers.  We were able to send voice messages to each other over Live, but that was about it.  We tried for half an hour.  There were about 1500 folks online at the time.  It was a bummer...  We're going to try again soon.

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-29-2007 at 8:22am
Ted and I had no problems connecting with out LAST-GEN systems using Sony's FREE online network Wink LOL.

Seriously though, shouldn't issues like this not happen on Xbox Live?
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-29-2007 at 11:13pm
Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier, Jason.

Game 1 was a hoot.  Because I won Wink.  Seriously though, I am so rusty since I haven't been playing anything on consoles for months.

Game 2.  We both seemed to be getting hit with quite a few dropped passes.  The one that really irked me was the drop in the endzone at the end of the first half that I felt was contrived.  I'm seeing it on your side of offense too.  It just seems like the CPU decides that so many passes are going to be dropped, maybe a roll of the dice or something.  Then that late game drive where I complete 4 or 5 long passes that ended in a TD.  Really ridiculous because I was just throwing it up for grabs in that last drive.  A chimp could have played that last drive as well as I did.

Not being able to turn off that damn return camera is really a shame.

In answer to your PM, no I didn't notice the drop problem offline, but I only played 1 game offline and then the two against you online.

I was getting button lag during game 2 as well, but I've also been having some connection speed problems here this last week.  And there was a glitch that wouldn't let me call an audible.  I would bring up the menu, but no menu would appear...just wording that said audible.  And then I saw another glitch where you sent a man in motion and he got stuck against a lineman.

Honestly, and I'm not trying to be an instigator with this statement, but it seems like 08 has different menus, a return camera that sucks, updated rosters, a slightly different method of looking at X's and O's before the ball is snapped, plays the same as 06, and has more bugs.  First disappointing EA title I've played in three years.

I really would like to play online with you, especially this fall and winter, but I really don't want to spend $50 on this game that I don't think is as good as 06.  Not sure what to do at this point.

And it is $50 that I could put toward a 360 that would hopefully be purchased around the holiday season.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-29-2007 at 11:14pm
Maybe another subscription to something like gamefly is in order.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-30-2007 at 6:19am
Ted, do you still have NCAA 06? If so, would you want to see how it plays online now? I don't want you to spend $50 on NCAA 08 if you're not sold on it. I starting to have my doubts too. Too bad Hot Shots Tennis isn't online Cry - it's been monopolizing most of my playtime.

Edit: I know how you feel Ted, I had the slant passing play in the first game where my receiver dropped a perfectly thrown pass to the end zone - that killed me!!!

Edit #2: I can still get $40 for NCAA 08 if NCAA 06 is still playable online.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>