Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Moto GP 2007 demo is up (360)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMoto GP 2007 demo is up (360)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moto GP 2007 demo is up (360)
    Posted: 07-25-2007 at 6:33pm
This one I will download. 

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-25-2007 at 6:46pm
Downloaded it a couple of hours ago and I'm not particularly impressed.

I love the Moto GP series.  The first two games on the big black box were wonderful, the third perhaps less so but still a great effort.  I didn't think Moto GP '06 on 360 was any great improvement upon what was already there - longer braking distances, prettier graphics and not all that much else - but that it even had the longer braking distances made it more like the sport it was claiming to be an authentic representation of, and I loved it for that.

On 100% sim settings, Moto GP '07 is playing more like one of Namco's Moto GP games than a THQ release.  The bikes corner at absurd lean angles, I can't seem to provoke a single fall under braking, it's taking a special effort to make a mistake on the throttle, and the entire thing feels dumbed down to the point that I'm being babied around the racetrack.  I already had the Extreme mode if I wanted a quick arcade-style blast, and I see no reason to turn the Moto GP events into the same kind of race, so it annoys me intensely that they've chosen to do so.

On top of that, the demo is in widescreen.  My TV isn't.  There isn't an option to change it in the demo, and my eyes aren't the greatest in the world, so there are items on the HUD that I cannot read.  I remember Ridge Racer 6 having the black borders too, but at least Namco had the decency to make everything legible.  If the full release doesn't contain some way of customising that, I won't be able to play it even if I want to.

The thing is, though, that unless someone comes out in effusive, glowing praise of the finished product, I'll have absolutely no interest in picking it up.  I'm not quite sure that's the objective of the Marketplace demo, but there it is.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-27-2007 at 2:26am
I will leave the demo review to GB... It felt like more of the same (moto GP 06) to me. Of course I spent most of my time crashing and having my rider tumble all over the gravel.

GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-27-2007 at 11:27am

If I was writing a tagline for the game, I'd create something like, "Moto GP '07 - it's like last year, but a bit worse!"  Thinking on it, that's probably part of the reason that I didn't complete my Marketing degree.

I will, though, give it another play tonight and see if it has anything that might change my view.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-27-2007 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by GB_Simo

"Moto GP '07 - it's like last year, but a bit worse!" 

LOLLOLLOL
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-27-2007 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by GB_Simo

If I was writing a tagline for the game, I'd create something like, "Moto GP '07 - it's like last year, but a bit worse!"  Thinking on it, that's probably part of the reason that I didn't complete my Marketing degree.

I will, though, give it another play tonight and see if it has anything that might change my view.

That was good, big business could use such honesty. LOL

Whatever you are doing in life, I hope you are making use of your gift of writing and breaking things down. 

Post Reply Post Reply