Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: What hockey games are you getting?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat hockey games are you getting?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What hockey games are you getting?
    Posted: 09-25-2007 at 4:34pm
I always do the free shipping and this is the first time it has happened, but if this becomes the norm I'll take my business elsewhere.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-01-2007 at 12:58pm
Currently downloading NHL 08 and NASCAR 08 from Xbox Live.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-01-2007 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Jason

NHL 08 (XB360) was a blast. I may have to re-think my PS2 purchase if the shooting-stick is as much fun on that version.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-01-2007 at 2:08pm

NHL 08 (XB360) was a blast. I may have to re-think my PS2 purchase if the shooting-stick is as much fun on that version.

Ted,

Can I map the "Pass" button to X and use the right-analog stick for shooting only in 08? 
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-01-2007 at 6:02pm
You don't have to map it.  That is how it is.  You can either pass with x or use R2 on the same controller config.

But you know that the ps2 08 controls are not the same as the ones you played today right?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-01-2007 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Ted_L

But you know that the ps2 08 controls are not the same as the ones you played today right?

Yeah, but the all the buttons can be re-mapped in the PS2 version, right?

Here's what I want to do:

Offense:

X = Pass
R1 = Speed Boost
Right-Analog = Shoot

Defense:

X = Switch Player
O = Body Check
Square = Hook/Tie Up
Triangle = Dive/Block
R1 = Speed Burst

If I can setup that layout I'd be happy. Also, can I aim to the player I want to pass to (with the left-analog stick) if I'm using "Quick Pass" (X) or does it automatically pass to the closest player?
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-01-2007 at 11:11pm
You can have any of those controls custom, BUT you lose the shot stick if you customize controls.  You only get shot stick with the default hybrid controls.

Passing on "x" is default hybrid and yes you can control the direction of the pass with the left stick.  You can also pass using R2 and the stick.

Switching player on defense is "x" by default.

It's taken me 10 games, but I'm 80% comfortable (read don't have to think about what button to press) with the new controls.  In fact I'm worse with 07 controls now and am about equal on both games at this point in time. 

Putting the sliders back to 07 defaults has really changed my opinion of the game.  I went from a "not as good as 07" stance to a "very slightly improved over 07 with the slider adjustments to 07" stance.

Don't feel any pressure to buy it if you want to save for that 360.  I'll get some single player use out of it while I wait for my 360.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-02-2007 at 8:08am
Originally posted by Ted_L

You can have any of those controls custom, BUT you lose the shot stick if you customize controls.  You only get shot stick with the default hybrid controls.

That sucks. NHL 07 let you completely customize the controls and still keep the passing on the right-analog stick. I still may pick it up though.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-05-2007 at 9:45am
Brent,

Can you change the button layout on the 360 version and still use the right-analog stick for shooting?
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-05-2007 at 2:15pm

Brent,

Can you change the button layout on the 360 version and still use the right-analog stick for shooting?

You can change it to classic which lets you use the buttons and the R-Analog can still handle shooting, dekes and checking if you wish. It is what I use because I like to change players and pass with "A" button.

The buttons can not be remapped so you are stuck with them.

Something like

A - Pass/Change players
B & X - Shoot and poke check
Y - Body Check

The shoulders and triggers stay the same

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>