Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: What hockey games are you getting?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat hockey games are you getting?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What hockey games are you getting?
    Posted: 10-05-2007 at 5:08pm
Thanks for the info Thumbs%20Up.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-13-2007 at 7:20am
Ted,

How's NHL 08 holding up for you? Do you still play it?
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-13-2007 at 11:38am
I haven't played it, but not because it isn't good. It is more convenient for me to play on the PC so I play 07 there. And I have spent most of this last week flying in FSEconomy with my gaming hours.

08 is a good game, just as good as 07 with the sliders reset to 07. I even did a little slider adjusting *gasp!* last week and was pleased with the way the game looked while playing, but as usual I neutered the CPU so I went back to 07 default sliders for 08. After getting the hang of the shot stick and adjusting to few nuances in 08 I like it a lot. If you dont' get it I'll wait for the $10 price tag on the PC version next summer. Of course by then I'll probably have a 360 as well and if so I'll just get that version.

So, yes NHL 08 is holding up. I'm just not using the PS2 right now, unfortunately.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-13-2007 at 6:50pm
I'll most likely pick it up if there's a $10 price drop on the PS2 version. Hopefully it'll happen soon.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-13-2007 at 8:02pm
If it does and you do, I'll be ready.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-14-2007 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Ted_L

I'll be ready.

You'll never be ready for me WinkLOL.

I'm also thinking of picking up MVP NCAA 07. I played a few games of 06 last night and enjoyed it a lot. If the frame rate is any better in 07, I'll be very happy with it. I'd like to get NHL 08 (on sale), NBA Live 08 (on sale) and MVP NCAA 07.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-14-2007 at 12:04pm
Yes, I enjoy the occasional game of MVP 06 as well.  Is 07 released?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-14-2007 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Ted_L

Yes, I enjoy the occasional game of MVP 06 as well.  Is 07 released?

MVP 07 came out last February and Kevin reviewed it Gameshark.
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-14-2007 at 3:53pm
I like both 08 and 2K8 on PS2;the shot stick on the EA game is a nice addition,but I still think 2K plays the better game.Progressive scan on the 2K game give it a definite edge in graphics.

MVP 07 plays a nice game of baseball,and I didn't experience frame rate issues.
The graphics are absolute butt though,and the rosters are now 3 years out of date.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-14-2007 at 4:11pm
Thanks for the info koebner. The rosters in MVP 07 don't bother me because I don't know any of the players anyway. Glad to hear the framerate/studdering issues seem to be resolved in 07 too.

Isn't Toys R' Us going to have a "Buy 2 get 1 free" soon?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>