Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Fifa 2008 EGM Game of the Month
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFifa 2008 EGM Game of the Month

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fifa 2008 EGM Game of the Month
    Posted: 01-09-2008 at 7:54am
I had something cool happen yesterday...

I was playing an EPL game as Fulham at home against West Ham, and when one player for them had the ball, my fans would boo and jeer consistently.  A few moments later, I heard the announcers call his name...  It was Luis Boa Morte, former Fulham captain, who was a bit of a lightening rod with his attitude!  Too cool...

Oh, I won 2-0.  I've won two and drawn one in my last three, as I'm starting to get the hang of it.  I'll be moving up a difficulty level soon.  I'm still concerned about my defense, though, especially trying to head out balls in the box.  I just can't ever seem to get there ahead of the offense.  Any ideas?  Plus, I still need to work on my one-v-one moves, although I'm getting a little better.

Here's a tip - I didn't see this in the manual - if you double-tap the "B" button when shooting, you keep it on the ground, just like double-tapping "X" for a cross.  That's helped me shoot much better.

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-18-2007 at 3:42pm
Have you guys downloaded the new FIFA 08 Update?

Here's some info on it:

Creating and delivering the OTP Update took a huge amount of work on the part of the dev team who really believed they could release the new feature for FIFA 08 even after the launch of the game. During all this hard work they found some time to optimise some other areas of the game after reading feedback from the community. Enclosed is the list of issues we were able to fix in the launch of the 5v5 Online Team Play update.

• Fixed rare Ps3 loading crash and/or infinite load.
  • FC Toronto is now referred to correctly as Toronto FC.
  • Fixed rare issue where player would lose control of free roam player and/or control free roam player from jumbotron view during online loading.
  • Fixed issue where user would be prompted and forced to download squad files every time they attempted to play an online game if they had changed the arena player.
  • Reduced CPU free kick ability slightly in lower difficulties.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-17-2007 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by petes-24

Though I accept that I cast my lot with the PS3 (and enjoy it greatly), it is times like this that I regret not being a part of your Xbox Gaming Nation.  Would love to play 5v5 with Ted and the gang!

Pete,

XBox Live is incredible and it's even better when you know legit players to play against. It's been a blast playing against Brent, Web and Ted on a regular basis.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-17-2007 at 4:10pm
Zep you must have the magic touch. Anytime I try to play random opponents in any game it becomes an exercise in frustration.  Bad enough I get the cussing, racists, quitters, etc - now they want these people to become my teammates. I had my share of ball-hogging in my youth. Embarrassed

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
petes-24 View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote petes-24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-17-2007 at 3:29pm
Though I accept that I cast my lot with the PS3 (and enjoy it greatly), it is times like this that I regret not being a part of your Xbox Gaming Nation.  Would love to play 5v5 with Ted and the gang!
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-17-2007 at 1:44pm
I didn't enjoy my one random experience much.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-17-2007 at 1:42pm
I've been playing on whatever the default difficulty is... professional?

As for single player, every once in a while I get the urge.  I also don't enjoy OTP with randoms as much as you probably do... I find it best when it's like you said, five friends taking on the world.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-17-2007 at 12:35pm
What difficulty, Seth?  I'm still playing Amateur Embarrassed.
Zeppo View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zeppo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-17-2007 at 12:34pm
single player is for chumps Bored.  Seriously, I had been playing some single player occasionally before the OTP patch, but now I simply don't see the point.  OTP is absurdly great, so much fun, and all the frustrations I have with the gameplay seem extremely minor when playing OTP.  Single player seems so purposeless and empty when I can hop online and play real people five on five.  It's best when we are five friends on one side, taking on all comers.  There's something particularly satisfying and exciting about that set up.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-17-2007 at 9:48am
Thread... RISE!!!

I finally won my first game against the CPU last night.  Big whoop, you might say, but given my blazing ineptness in single player thus far, I had to sit and bask in the glory of a 3-2 victory, Red Bulls over the Revolution.

This game requires such a complete rewiring of timing and skills when coming from WE, it's really insane.  I still have a ton of trouble with the auto-switching on defense, especially when they're just outside the box, I'm trying to be really careful, and suddenly they've switched the player and I'm sending the new guy in an utterly wrong direction that was only appopriate for the last guy.  I've tried full manual switching, but that's got its quirks too.

The game is definitely pretty.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>