Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: HALO 3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHALO 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HALO 3
    Posted: 09-27-2007 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by Brent

Hopefully the 65nm gets announced soon so I can stomp your bootay in Halo 3.

Yea, I caved, mainly to play it online.

Excellent. Hopefully we can get a regular group together for some online Halo.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-27-2007 at 10:38pm
I am guessing you can create custom matches with people on your friends list? The last thing I want is to play a bunch of pre-pubescent racists dry humping me after a kill and calling me their biotch.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-28-2007 at 6:08am
Originally posted by Brent

I am guessing you can create custom matches with people on your friends list? The last thing I want is to play a bunch of pre-pubescent racists dry humping me after a kill and calling me their biotch.

Exactly!!! There's no way a noob like me will play with random players.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-28-2007 at 10:15am
I saw the new 360's in stock at my local EB the other day.  HDMI and all.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-28-2007 at 11:51am
Unfortunately, not all the 360's with HDMI use the new chipset.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-28-2007 at 11:57am
WHA!?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-28-2007 at 3:19pm
It seems the Falcon chipset is available on the HDMI motherboards, but they don't come with the 65nm processor Angry.

Update: The redesigned Xbox 360 is slowly making its way into stores, although it is still possible to buy the one of the older units. The new ones have HDMI ports, although they don't come with HDMI cables. The internals are redesigned to prevent the red ring of death, but they don't have the 65nm process chips. These are Microsoft's answer to the red ring of death problem. The Elites don't have this problem, so if you're going to buy an Elite, don't worry about what "version" you get. Basically, just look on the box to check if it has an HDMI port, and, if it does, you're good to go.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-28-2007 at 3:49pm
You would think MS would have tried to get the 65nm before Halo released.  That would have made sense.

K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-28-2007 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Jason

It seems the Falcon chipset is available on the HDMI motherboards, but they don't come with the 65nm processor Angry.

Update: The redesigned Xbox 360 is slowly making its way into stores, although it is still possible to buy the one of the older units. The new ones have HDMI ports, although they don't come with HDMI cables. The internals are redesigned to prevent the red ring of death, but they don't have the 65nm process chips. These are Microsoft's answer to the red ring of death problem. The Elites don't have this problem, so if you're going to buy an Elite, don't worry about what "version" you get. Basically, just look on the box to check if it has an HDMI port, and, if it does, you're good to go.

"the Elites don't have this problem..."

Man, I hope so...  Nervous

Kevin
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-01-2007 at 1:04pm
Jason,

If you do get Halo3 let me know and I will get it back from my friend who is borrowing it. I tried the single player but the whole space marine thing dulls me.  Will gladly play multiplayer if and when you get it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>