Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Interesting Entry in Wikipedia
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedInteresting Entry in Wikipedia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interesting Entry in Wikipedia
    Posted: 11-06-2007 at 2:17pm
Under "Electronic Sports"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_sports

Player contracts

On February 1, 2003, SK Gaming became one of the first clubs in FPS gaming to legally bind players to their clan.[5] The specifics of their contracts are not disclosed; however, it is known from interviews that the contracts include a salary, which according to interviews was not large by itself, but the players are also entitled to shares of prize money. On May 18, 2004 they were the first western electronic sports club to receive a fee for a player transfer after rivals Team NoA bought SK Counter-Strike player Ola "elemeNt" Moum out of his contract. This also prevents players from leaving an organization for a rival before the end of their contract. However, teams are sometimes willing to let their players go on a loan deal to another side. The first eSports loan deal is thought to be that of Lukas "MohammedZaherSzah" Baranowski, a Battlefield 2 player, from Team Dignitas to Team Wilda in 2006.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-06-2007 at 5:12pm
I am trying to decide what has me confused most?  The post or your new avatar, which I swear I have seen before.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-06-2007 at 5:13pm
oh, that's Moshzilla.  She's famous.
 Post Reply Post Reply