Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: PGR4 Thursday night?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPGR4 Thursday night?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PGR4 Thursday night?
    Posted: 01-19-2008 at 12:41am
Originally posted by Ted_L

PGR definitely. 

Agreed. Ted and I raced for almost three hours tonight. Two of those hours were with a filled tracked (8 players) and NO lag at all. This game won't be leaving my rotation any time soon.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-19-2008 at 12:45am
Jason, I don't know about you, but I kind of like racing with collisions off.  With that many random players you are always bound to get a couple of guys that just play demolition derby.  The collisions off setting really negated their impact and the racing seemed just as exciting.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-19-2008 at 7:47am
Yeah, with 8 guys on PGR's tight tracks, no collisions is the way to go. I liked it because I do a lot of ramming myself just because I'm not that good at the game. and started finishing much higher once we turned collisions off.
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-19-2008 at 5:39pm
Collisions off?  You pack of fairies.

Actually, mind, as long as you're improving and not driving into people on purpose, folk well versed in online racing won't - or at least shouldn't - mind if you do hit them.  It happens to the best in real life, so it's bound to happen online every so often.  Do it right and it's quite amusing; not so long ago I managed to unwittingly punt DSP's Paul 'pk500' Kelly so far off an rFactor track that he disappeared off the end of the gameworld and had to spend half a minute finding his way back.

Of course, if you're hitting people a lot it's probably more fun to know you'll be racing cleanly, and I am a tad more into the whole racing thing than most...
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-19-2008 at 7:03pm
Adam, when you know the people that you are hitting and are hitting you, I agree it is a different story.  I'm more than willing to take my lumps in that kind of situation.  Last night though we were dealing with a guy and his guest who were going into corners at full throttle and using other people as guard rails and rubber bumpers on purpose.  It was really frustrating and after 3 races with them I asked Jason to boot them out.  Another racer suggested turning off the collisions.  The racing after that was much more enjoyable.

I do feel a bit ashamed at having turned them off, but the point of the evening was fun and I have to admit I had more fun with them off than on last night.
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-19-2008 at 8:11pm
I bet you did, and in that situation I wouldn't argue against it - not that I like it, but it's better to know that people have to play in the right spirit than spend the night worrying about idiots.  I'll try to get in on this at some point, probably when I'm ready to trade a couple of games in.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-19-2008 at 8:39pm
Hope to race with you soon!

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-20-2008 at 3:26pm
Ted,

I'm definitely going with the "Supercar" in Class B from now on. I'll be ready for your tube-car the next time we race LOL.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-20-2008 at 8:12pm
Nothing can stop the tube car!
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-27-2008 at 8:45am
Anyone interested in racing online one night this week?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>