Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Microsoft Wireless Racing on Sale @ Amazon...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMicrosoft Wireless Racing on Sale @ Amazon...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Microsoft Wireless Racing on Sale @ Amazon...
    Posted: 01-22-2008 at 4:57pm
Microsoft Wireless Racing on Sale @ Amazon for $87.99 with FREE shipping!!!

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-22-2008 at 9:12pm
This is one of the reasons I'm still married:

My wife ordered me the wheel as an early 10-year wedding anniversary gift (our actual anniversary is in May). She knew that I've wanted a racing wheel for a long time (going back to the PS2) and agreed that the price was too good to pass up.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-22-2008 at 10:23pm
Sweet!
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-30-2008 at 10:05pm
My Wireless Racing Wheel showed up a day early and I got a chance to try it out tonight. I was surprised at the weight of the wheel and very satisfied with the quality of it. As expected, there's an adjustment period necessary to get a "feel" for the wheel - I was crashing into walls constantly in PGR 4. It didn't help that I had the wheel on my lap. I'm going to pick up a cheap snack tray to mount the wheel to.

I was very pleased with the NASCAR 08 demo though. I've always wanted to see how the NASCAR series handled with a wheel and was impressed with the results. I only have the one track (Daytona) available in the demo, but the car handled much better than with the controller and I was able to takes turns/bends while staying in my racing line - something I could NEVER do in any version with the controller. This one is being add to my Game-Q.

This is what I'm looking to make:

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-31-2008 at 11:46pm
Buy.com now has it listed for $79.99 with free shipping:

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-27-2008 at 4:06pm
I finally got my wheel set up after taking one of my wife's end tables:

Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-27-2008 at 5:10pm
I won't be so sorry to hit you now on PGR  Ouch
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-27-2008 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Grambo Bastille

I won't be so sorry to hit you now on PGR  Ouch

If you can catch me WinkLOL.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-27-2008 at 10:09pm
Does she know you took that table?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-27-2008 at 10:16pm
Yeah. I had to drill four holes on the bottom shelf so I could wrap the plastic straps around the foot pedal base.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>