Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Gaming Nights?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGaming Nights?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gaming Nights?
    Posted: 01-28-2008 at 9:52am
Should we try to setup some dedicated gaming nights for certain games? I had downgraded my Gamefly plan to the 1-game plan but just upgraded back to the 2-game plan. I'd like to have sports, racing and shooter gamenights. What do you guys think?
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-28-2008 at 12:23pm
Shooter and racing game nights typically work well because they are multi-multiplayer.  The sports one might be better to schedule appointments for games from a league perspective.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-28-2008 at 12:41pm
Very true.

Hopefully Web and Adam (and anyone else) join us for PGR 4 soon. What shooter would you guys recommend? Halo? COD 4? Gears of War?
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-28-2008 at 1:05pm
PGR's sitting at the top of my queue still, I just need to finish or return something that I have out!  Sorry!

As far as gaming nights go, I can't really commit to ever being there on a certain night, but I'd love to see other types of titles go into rotation here.

I love, love COD4 but I'll admit there may be a bit of a system shock when you first start playing online.  You can die quickly and often! :)  We could do some private matches for a while to get folks used to everything, but if you want to 'level up' you have to expose yourself to the general online community.

Gears is by nature more suitable for small groups, with a max of 4X4, and that one is fun too.  The issue there is that the host gets a pretty sizable lag advantage, but among friends, that shouldn't matter too much!

Actually, I have all of the titles you mention, so if we end up playing the game that is easiest for all of the rest of you to buy or rent, that is okay too!
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-28-2008 at 3:56pm
Or how about a leauge night - not game specific but one day out of seven where the leagues are priority #1.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-28-2008 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Brent

Or how about a leauge night - not game specific but one day out of seven where the leagues are priority #1.

Good idea. I remember those from the old days with MVP 2004 and Madden 2004.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-28-2008 at 4:12pm
I'd be good with a "priority" league night.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-28-2008 at 4:18pm
Yeah, I like the 'priority' night too.  That way if I am on, I know it'd be a good time to hit folks up for games.

Thurs and Wednesday's are best for me, but there is no night that I can *never* be on.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-28-2008 at 4:25pm
Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays after 9pm work best for me although I can be available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays too.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-28-2008 at 4:59pm
I'll make Wednesdays and Thursdays my priority night for league games as well. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>