Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: A Shooter for Online
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedA Shooter for Online

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Shooter for Online
    Posted: 02-13-2008 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Jason

Originally posted by Brent

Purchased Halo 3... 

Have you played it yet? If so, what do you think of it so far?

I just started the single player on normal and it controls like the previous two Halo games, which is a good thing.  The radar in the bottom corner seems to cover much less distance then the previous two. The cursor turns red when locked in on an enemy that is shown in the map. So a lot of the time you have your sights on an enemy and because they are not on the map does not turn red (on some cases causing the old friend or foe confusion). My only real gripe so far, outside of not carrying about the storyline and wishing I could have skipped some of those opening sequences.

* It might have to do with the armor being messed up when you start out?

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-16-2008 at 5:01pm
I just got back from playing Laser Tag at a birthday party for my boss's son and had a blast. Now I'm really looking forward to shooting you guys up virtually.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-16-2008 at 5:31pm
It looks like we may be shooting each other by next weekend!
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-16-2008 at 6:14pm
We should try to pick a certain night of the week for playing Halo.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-24-2008 at 2:23pm
Besides Gears of War, are there any other shooters on the 360 that use an over-the-shoulder or 3rd-person view?
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-24-2008 at 4:00pm
Kane and Lynch I think?
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-24-2008 at 7:42pm
There's a few of them.  Gears, Kane and Lynch, the Ghost Recons, Lost Planet, Stranglehold, Splinter Cell (If you are the spies)...uh...if you stretch the genre you can add things like Saints Row...

There are probably more.  My faves out of what I just mentioned are Gears and Lost Planet.

If you want to go to Xbox games too, I LOVE the Star Wars Battlefront titles.  They are 3rd person and back-compatible.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-24-2008 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Derek

If you want to go to Xbox games too, I LOVE the Star Wars Battlefront titles.  They are 3rd person and back-compatible.

I have Battlefront 2 on the PS2 - I hope they come out with a new one on the 360.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-24-2008 at 9:27pm
Battlefront on the Xbox brings back good memories.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-28-2008 at 4:08pm

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>