Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Xbox Live Saturday 3/8
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedXbox Live Saturday 3/8

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xbox Live Saturday 3/8
    Posted: 03-09-2008 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Jason

LOL No problem. I fall asleep putting my kids to bed all the time.

I don't drink coffee and gave up soda last April, but I do cheat once in a while (especially on Friday and Saturday nights when I want to stay up late).
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-09-2008 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Jason

Good racing tonight Ted and Adam.

That was my first time online in a racer with people I didn't know - good fun and they seemed like an entertaining crowd to race with.

I'm still a tad annoyed with myself that I didn't beat the fella who pretended to not know we were all racing Minis in the last race (which was odd, since he'd given his backing to the idea in the lobby), because I get awfully competitive when people take the unfair advantage like that and I was leading off the last turn before his superior top speed did me.  If they'd used a Mini in Back To The Future, Marty McFly would never have gone anywhere...
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-09-2008 at 1:24pm
I was wondering about that guy.  Hollow victory.

Always fun running with you Adam.  The thing that impresses me most and always reinforces my belief is how you run so clean each race.  I know I get caught up in  thinking I have to be aggressive and strive for position all the time, but I always end up hitting a wall and costing myself crucial seconds.  Then I find myself just concentrating on making good corners and sure enough after a lap there is someone ahead of me that I'll be able to pass if I'm just patient.

Granted, one has to temper patience with aggressiveness in a 3 lap race, but seeing you keep your nose relatively clean and coming out on top consistently is pretty inspiring.
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-09-2008 at 2:49pm
Ted, I meant to link you to this a couple of weeks ago - your tube car, as tested by British motoring show Top Gear:

Yeah, hollow sums it up, though I enjoyed the note of disbelief in his voice the first time I went by him.  I did make a few silly mistakes last night but in traffic I was able to stay fairly clean, and most of the contact I did have wasn't my fault (though I drilled you in that Macau race trying a pass that I misjudged a tiny bit...).

The big thing to do is to run your own race and not worry about everyone else too much.  If you're quick enough to pass someone, you'll do it, and if you aren't, getting ahead at the start won't make a difference because you'll be passed yourself quickly.  Don't force anything, just hit your marks and take the chances when they present themselves, which they will.  As far as keeping your nose clean, it's sometimes easy to spot when someone's about to make a mistake (the usual giveaway being either that they're all over the track or have developed a tendency to use the wall as a brake) and once you see it, you can allow for it.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-09-2008 at 2:59pm
My wife loves Top Gear.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123