Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Anyone else picking up ProEvo08?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnyone else picking up ProEvo08?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone else picking up ProEvo08?
    Posted: 03-11-2008 at 8:49pm
I am not giddy like a schoolgirl excited about this game as I have read enough reviews to know what I am getting into.  Mostly play mock World Cup games and exhibitions but will slog through the ML with one of the licensed leagues or make a fictional world league.  I hear online play is really bad with this one but if anyone wants to give it a try I will join.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-11-2008 at 9:14pm
I'm actually going to review the Wii version.  I really liked the vids on that.

Kevin
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-12-2008 at 11:51am
I was going to get it until my wife blew much of our tax money on a new recliner yesterday.  Of course, the recliner is an early birthday present for me, so I'm not complaining ......

Anxious to hear how it is though.
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-12-2008 at 6:37pm
Looking forward to hearing what you make of it, fellas.  The PAL release felt an awful lot like Pro Evo 4 would have done if Konami had programmed the full-backs to pretend they were strikers every couple of minutes.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-12-2008 at 8:59pm
Played a couple quick matches.  I prefer the quicker speed and WE/PES gameplay to Fifas slow pace and questionable gameplay in the air, passing and when in control of a player.  With that said it still feels a bit to fast for my taste and faster then previous editions? On the pitch I have not played enough to break down the AI outside that it feels similar to what I have played in the past.  Compared to Fifa 08, passing is much better in this game, ball in air play is much better and the animations are top notch. Nice for me to finally play a soccer game where I can maneuver by the guy defending me.

Also, and it may just be my limited time with the game but it appears to have cut down on the moon shots over the bar.  A couple time I hit a shot that in previous editions would have ended up near Jupiter, only to have it skim the top or go wide. Playing on 3* or whatever they call it now and the AI play is more aggressive than in series past. I remember on the PS2/Xbox versions that the AI seemed content to play for a 0-0 draw if left to their desire (on that 3* rating). 

The big problem is that it is just hard to look at the game while trying to appreciate the good things.

One thing missing from the options menu though (I am playing this on an HDTV)

[   ]   Please insert next gen, or heck, last gen grass textures, instead of this washed out mess that had me hearken back to my N64 days.

Even worse you have to play from the farthest camera or the sluggish framerate really kicks in.  What boggled my mind the most is that with the textures as bad as they are, there is actual pop-in at the top of the pitch as you move upwards.

I will throw out more gameplay comments as I get some ore time with the game.  I have to lead Dotan and his cronies to a World Cup.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-14-2008 at 5:01pm
If anyone gets this one I would like to try it out online.  This one is a keeper as the gameplay/control is still far more enjoyable than Fifa08. Just wish it was not so hard on the eyes.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-14-2008 at 5:52pm
It's in my Q
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-16-2008 at 4:52pm
Mine is on the way from GF.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-17-2008 at 9:39pm
Let me know when you get it, itching to try it online even though I have not heard good things about it.

All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-18-2008 at 5:34pm
Damn double posts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>