Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Anyone else picking up ProEvo08?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnyone else picking up ProEvo08?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
All-Star
All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone else picking up ProEvo08?
    Posted: 03-18-2008 at 5:36pm
I got my GF copy today and it isn't totally sucky.  I noticed that some leagues have the actual teams, if not the players.  My beloved PSG is represented.  I have to admit that I chickened out and played an exhibition on the easiest mode since FIFA owns me so badly.  I know I need to knock it up a notch or two, but once I got into the flow, I was having fun with it.  I may still wait to see how the Euro game pans out before I decide whether this is a purchase or not.

Brent - maybe we can play sometime this weekend, once I get used to the controls.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-19-2008 at 12:07am
That would be great. Give it some time and it will grow on you.

Licensed leagues

The leagues below are fully licensed, and all teams from these leagues are licensed:

Due to the Fifa license with EA they can only have two English Premier teams licensed. What confuses me is how they are still able to have the actual players in the game on the unlicensed teams? All of Man Blue (Man City) actual players (names) are on the roster.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-19-2008 at 9:39am
The team and player license is separate, I think.  Years ago, several of the baseball games had the actual players, but made-up team names, like the Atlanta Warriors, or whatever.

Kevin
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-19-2008 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by K_Mosley

The team and player license is separate, I think.  Years ago, several of the baseball games had the actual players, but made-up team names, like the Atlanta Warriors, or whatever.

Kevin

This is correct.  At least in baseball, you have to deal with MLB itself and then deal separately with the Player's Union.  I would imagine it is the same with soccer.
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-19-2008 at 4:17pm
Indeed - the arrangement to use player names was always handled through FIFPro in the past.  I don't pay enough attention these days to know if that still holds, but I don't recall ever hearing anything different.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-24-2008 at 9:45pm
I went to the mainland Saturday and traded in FIFA 08 and NHL 08 (PS2) and picked up Pro Evo.  I must say it feels good to be playing this franchise again. 

Second consecutive trip to Gamestop where they didn't harass me about pre-ordering anything even though they had signs up everywhere about Madden 09.  If they keep this up I might just become a regular customer again.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-24-2008 at 10:15pm
Did you use the 10% coupon?  Still good and will probably stick around at the pace it has been available.

Let me know when you want to try online.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-24-2008 at 10:57pm
Crap, I missed that coupon.  Oh well.

Want to try for a game of Pro Evo and catch up with NCAA on Tuesday 3/25?
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-24-2008 at 11:12pm
Sounds good to me, just let me know when you are going to be online.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-24-2008 at 11:14pm
Is 9 central good? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>