Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Xbox Live 4/16?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedXbox Live 4/16?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xbox Live 4/16?
    Posted: 04-21-2008 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Brent

Oh that wacky nova team.  I was rooting for them but the stories you could tell about that McClain kid.  Some like to refer to that team as the Cocaine kids.

I know .... it put a damper on the whole thing.

One of the neatest things in my professional life was when I was a salesman - I was calling on Niagara Mohawk in Syracuse.  About a year after the title, I was introduced to a young engineer who would now be my customer in Substation Engineering - the Senior Engineer pointed out that he was on the championship team, and he was actually wearing his ring at work!
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-21-2008 at 4:57pm
Oh that wacky nova team.  I was rooting for them but the stories you could tell about that McClain kid.  Some like to refer to that team as the Cocaine kids.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-21-2008 at 4:30pm
Sweet!

Thanks for posting the list Brent.

Man, even though I didn't like the Indiana teams of the Knight era, I so remember that '76 team.  I also remember the Villanova victory - my best friend went to 'nova, and a local HS product from here in Worcester were on the team.  The night of the final I was bartending and it was a big party.  Lucky for me I was on the other side of the bar for the Indiana State/Michigan State final.

Amazing how one player can make a team into a winner for one season only like Bird did with Indiana State.

Being from Worcester, I wished they had included one of the Holy Cross teams with Cousy and Heinsohn, and maybe one of the USF teams with Bill Russell (not to mention Bradley's Princeton team, and Ohio State with Havlicek).  Oh well, I'll take what they give me.

I bought it by the way, but I need practice before mixing it up with you ringers.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-21-2008 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Grambo Bastille

A couple of questions:

How many classic teams are there?   41
Do they have the real player names or are they fictitious?  Have not even looked, but the numbers of the players are correct (Bird 33 - Magic 33)
Can you set up an elimination tourney with the classic teams? Will have to look

Classic Teams

'66 Texas Western
'68 UCLA
'72 UCLA
'76 Indiana
'77 Marquette
'79 Indiana State
'79 Michigan State
'82 Georgetown
'82 North Carolina
'83 Houston
'83 NC State
'85 Georgetown
'85 Villanova
'87 Indiana
'87 Syracuse
'89 Michigan
'90 Connecticut
'90 Loyola Marymount
'90 LSU
'90 UNLV
'92 Cincinnati
'92 Duke
'93 Arizona
'93 Michigan
'93 North Carolina
'93 Santa Clara
'94 Arkansas
'94 Duke
'95 Missouri
'95 Oklahoma State
'95 UCLA
'96 Kentucky
'97 Arizona
'98 Ole Miss
'98 Utah
'98 Valparaiso
'03 Syracuse
'03 Texas
'04 Connecticut
'05 North Carolina
'07 Florida

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-21-2008 at 11:45am
I'll check it out but Brent would probably know better than me.
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-21-2008 at 10:02am
A couple of questions:

How many classic teams are there?
Do they have the real player names or are they fictitious?
Can you set up an elimination tourney with the classic teams?
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-19-2008 at 11:24pm
Good deal, if you want to play tonight I can, if you need some shuteye we can do it tomorrow.

Edit: looks like you logged out before I posted this.  Will get in some games tomorrow.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-19-2008 at 11:03pm
I joined the league with Western Michigan.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-19-2008 at 7:49pm
It might be late (10-11 central). If anything see if you can log into the league and see if you can join.

Everything is:  sgn  
all lowercase - name of league and password.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-19-2008 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Brent

Just FYI I wanted to test the online league play so I setup a 2 person 3 game senario.  It forces the creator to pick a team so I figured we can do a MAC series with Central Michigan/Western Michigan.

Sounds good. I should be on later tonight.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>