Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NASCAR 09 Racing League Interest?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNASCAR 09 Racing League Interest?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NASCAR 09 Racing League Interest?
    Posted: 06-19-2008 at 5:40pm
Derek, are you saying you would prefer Wednesday to Friday?
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-19-2008 at 5:41pm
I'm pretty much available any night if the starting time is 10 EST.  If it is 9, then Wednesday is tough ..... this may change in the fall as I am heading back to college to work on my Masters, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Oh, and Fazeo, does Ted's spreadsheet remind you of anyone?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-19-2008 at 5:51pm
Wednesday at 10pm works for me if it makes things easier.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-19-2008 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Ted_L

Derek, are you saying you would prefer Wednesday to Friday?

While I personally would prefer Wed to Friday (I just have a better chance of missing some Fridays), I wasn't intending on saying that there. :)  I was just saying that based on how the Xs were lining up, Wed (and Mon) were looking to be the next two best days, if we wanted to occasionally mix it up or something.

Friday by far looks like the preferred day.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-19-2008 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by GB_Simo

Web, all of the tracks on the 2008 NASCAR schedule are in the game.

To clear something up for those who are more casual stock car followers, Jason's schedule is the one you're running if points races are all you're interested in.  As Web said, the one he posted has special events (the Budweiser Shootout, the two Gatorade Duels, the Sprint Showdown and the Sprint All-Star Race) which are all either qualifying races for other events or exhibition races.

I'm very sorry you can't join us, Adam. :(  Yeah, I left the special events in, not knowing if we wanted to run a few as special events of our own.  Not necessary at all.
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-19-2008 at 6:54pm
Wednesday is fine by me!
Fazeo View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fazeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-19-2008 at 7:25pm
Wed sounds good to me.

Oh and I know what you mean Bastille. hehe Except I actually can understand Ted's spreadsheet work. ;)
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-19-2008 at 7:32pm
Wednesday certainly works for me.  And the start times are planned to be 10 pm practice with 10:30 quals and races.  That's 5 saying Wednesday is good.  Let's go ahead and make Wednesday race night....first scheduled race is Wednesday June 25 @ Daytona.

Is Grambo as anal and geeked about stuff like I get?
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-20-2008 at 12:20am
Hey Guys,

What do you think about dropping the AI completely?  After seeing a few funky things during pits under yellow I'm wondering if we should just nix them.  They certainly aren't going to help us, even at the Supers because they are too slow to provide any draft help.

I'm leaning towards dropping them at the moment.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-20-2008 at 8:23am
I'm fine either way but found Lowes to be less exciting with only three cars on the track (after Grambo's engine failed). If we decide to race with CPU drivers, we should definitely keep them set to "Easy" as they are much faster and aggressive online.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>