Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: MLB 06: The Show?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMLB 06: The Show?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order / View Unread Post
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MLB 06: The Show?
    Posted: 04-17-2006 at 9:22pm

I should have specified the human baserunning aggresiveness when using automatic baserunning Embarrassed.

Thanks for the tip - I always tapped L1 repeatedly instead of just holding it down. I'll have to give manual baserunning another shot.

Chris_SCEA View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Chris_SCEA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-17-2006 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Jason

Originally posted by Chris_SCEA

Originally posted by Slumberland

The pitch count slider only appears under the CPU tuning menu, but I believe the developers verified that it affects both human and cpu pitch counts.  Weird, I know.  As far as I'm concerned though, that's the only slider tweak this game needs.

That is correct...it does affect both CPU and Human.  And yes, that is correct..it is weird that it is only appears in the CPU tuning menu.  :)

Chris

Hey Chris, welcome to SGN.

Can I assume the same thing with the baserunning aggressiveness slider too?

Well, the baserunner aggressiveness slider does not affect how aggressive you are as a human controlled runner. :) It only affects the CPU stealing, and/or taking extra bases.  

I have read many comments about the baserunning controls etc. for this years game.  I generally use the L1 for advance all for most of my base-running. 

As soon as contact is made, I hold down L1.  For instance, if you have a runner on 2nd and you hit a ball to the gap, or down the line, I hold down L1.  This sends the batter thru 1st and the runner at second towards third. 

The trick is just letting go of the L1 button at the right time, the runner from 2nd will continue home and the batter will stop at 2nd. 

Chris

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-17-2006 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Chris_SCEA

The pitch count slider only appears under the CPU tuning menu, but I believe the developers verified that it affects both human and cpu pitch counts.  Weird, I know.  As far as I'm concerned though, that's the only slider tweak this game needs.

That is correct...it does affect both CPU and Human.  And yes, that is correct..it is weird that it is only appears in the CPU tuning menu.  :)

Chris

Hey Chris, welcome to SGN.

Can I assume the same thing with the baserunning aggressiveness slider too?
Chris_SCEA View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Chris_SCEA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-17-2006 at 8:56pm

Chris

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-12-2006 at 8:25am
I played my first game with 'Auto Baserunning' ON and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It was a fairly low scoring game (3-2) so I didn't really see too much of the auto baserunning in action, but I didn't miss handling the manual baserunning like I thought I would. I'm not a fan of letting the CPU handle things automatically for me, but I may do that with MLB's baserunning this year.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-10-2006 at 8:45pm
Played 3 games...  Like what I see!  need to practice, though - haven't won yet, and I'm on "rookie!"  Using the Pirates, though, which may explain some things...

Smile

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-10-2006 at 8:59am
I haven't played a game of MLB 06 since Friday and I'm going through withdrawal. I know I like a game when I can't get it off my mind at work.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-05-2006 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by webdanzer

Every zone counts the center.  So if you guess location at all, you'll always be right if the ball sails down the center of the plate.

On HOF, at least, though, that doesn't happen much...

Thanks.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-05-2006 at 3:28pm

Every zone counts the center.  So if you guess location at all, you'll always be right if the ball sails down the center of the plate.

On HOF, at least, though, that doesn't happen much...
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-05-2006 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by webdanzer

I use both guess pitch and guess location pretty regularly when I'm playing my solo season games on HOF.  You are definitely penalized for guessing wrong, though, and it's much harder to guess the location out of 8 zones! 

How do you guess the location of the center zone?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>