Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: MLB 06: The Show?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMLB 06: The Show?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Message / View Unread Post
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MLB 06: The Show?
    Posted: 04-01-2006 at 7:44am
How do I save my gameplay options and tuning settings? I've made adjustments to these settings, created a profile and saved my profile, but the settings do not stick when I shut off my PS2. I make sure to load my profile as soon as I turn the game back on and my settings are never there.

When I make the changes, the game ask if you want to add the modifications to the option file. I always say 'Yes' but can't find where to save this file. The manual is no help at all. Do I need to create a season to save these settings?

Thanks. 
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-01-2006 at 5:59pm
Mine save, but I am in a season, so I'm not sure, Jason.

How are you liking the game so far?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-01-2006 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by webdanzer

Mine save, but I am in a season, so I'm not sure, Jason.

I've only played about 3 games but like what I've seen so far. The presentation is phenomenal and the online play was lag free last night. There are a few online issues though: you can't do mound visits, the R2 button doesn't bring up the manager options and you must hold down the L3 button to chat. These aren't game-breakers though. I'm looking forward to giving the game a good workout tonight. There do seem to be a lot of foul balls hit behind the plate though.

Edit: It seems that you have to create a season for all of the settings to save. What I'm doing now is loading a season (with my settings saved) and exiting out into an exhibition game. It's a little annoying that something as simple as a 'Save Settings' option wasn't built into the game.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-03-2006 at 1:49pm

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-05-2006 at 10:55am
I started using the 'Guess Pitch Location' (not the 'Guess Pitch Type') option last night and love it. What's nice is that you still need to time your swing right and place the bat in the correct zone to get solid contact even when you guess correctly and 'Lock on'. By no means do you automatically get a hit when you're locked on and I've missed and made outs on plenty of pitches that I've locked on to.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-05-2006 at 3:24pm
I use both guess pitch and guess location pretty regularly when I'm playing my solo season games on HOF.  You are definitely penalized for guessing wrong, though, and it's much harder to guess the location out of 8 zones!

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-05-2006 at 3:26pm

I use both guess pitch and guess location pretty regularly when I'm playing my solo season games on HOF.  You are definitely penalized for guessing wrong, though, and it's much harder to guess the location out of 8 zones! 

How do you guess the location of the center zone?
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-05-2006 at 3:28pm

Every zone counts the center.  So if you guess location at all, you'll always be right if the ball sails down the center of the plate.

On HOF, at least, though, that doesn't happen much...
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-05-2006 at 3:37pm

Every zone counts the center.  So if you guess location at all, you'll always be right if the ball sails down the center of the plate.

On HOF, at least, though, that doesn't happen much...

Thanks.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-10-2006 at 8:59am
I haven't played a game of MLB 06 since Friday and I'm going through withdrawal. I know I like a game when I can't get it off my mind at work.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>