Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NCAA Football 09 demo coming June 19th
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNCAA Football 09 demo coming June 19th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NCAA Football 09 demo coming June 19th
    Posted: 07-14-2008 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Brent

Half the stuff most people would never notice and/or realize that this is a video game.

Agreed.

I just hope the game doesn't have a "freezing" issue during gameplay.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-14-2008 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Jason

I need to stop visiting OS

FIXED. Wink

Half the stuff most people would never notice and/or realize that this is a video game.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-14-2008 at 6:37am
I need to stop visiting OS before game releases because it sucks the excitement right out of me.

EA did state that the following issues were very important to them and will hopefully be patched soon:

- DL pass rush
- CPU QB percentages
- DB "stand straight up" issue
- Kick / Punt Returns are too easy
- Players in pursuit often turn the wrong way (see LB's on swing passes?)
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-14-2008 at 5:46am
Originally posted by Jason

Koebner,

Do you have an Xbox 360 or PS3?

Currently vacillating between the two. Price cut is enticing,but so is Blu-Ray(and the Show).
I've actually been waiting for football to get straightened out,so these NCAA issues are kinda discouraging. Here's another pack of concerns:http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/255678-ncaa-09-gameplay-issues-response-ea.html
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-14-2008 at 5:44am

It also appears to not be an issue if you do not edit the file yourself, once you dl it.

It would be real tough to go all season without making a single edit to my NCAA roster file.
I literally make over a thousand changes including hundreds of CAPs every year.
Depth charts,injuries,etc. EA has the rosters set right after spring ball,and major changes are needed by fall.
So far,it seems as if you use 11 characters or less and don't use certain punctuation,and keep your system offline,and don't make further edits to your file your are set :)
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-13-2008 at 5:35pm
It also appears to not be an issue if you do not edit the file yourself, once you dl it.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-13-2008 at 5:29pm
Looks like editing the roster files offline resolves the "freezing" issue.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-13-2008 at 4:07pm
Koebner,

Do you have an Xbox 360 or PS3?
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-13-2008 at 3:21pm

Since rosters are such a large part of the game, I am sure EA is doing everything they can to have a patch ready.  

They better. Fast.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-13-2008 at 2:49pm

Since rosters are such a large part of the game, I am sure EA is doing everything they can to have a patch ready.  

Shocked
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>