Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NCAA Football 09 demo coming June 19th
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNCAA Football 09 demo coming June 19th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NCAA Football 09 demo coming June 19th
    Posted: 06-10-2008 at 5:05pm

http://www.pastapadre.com/2662/ncaa-...ming-june-19th

I’ve just received word that the demo for NCAA Football 09 is expected to be out on Thursday June 19th for both the PS3 and 360.

The demo will feature a rematch of the National Championship with Ohio State vs LSU. Also included will be a mascot game featuring the Gators vs Longhorns. Both will be on varsity difficulty with two minute quarters.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-10-2008 at 6:38pm
Damn you EA.

EA Sports World won’t have online dynasty component

June 10, 2008 by pastapadre No Comments »

Only a day after the launch of the upgraded EA Sports World comes disappointing news. In late April NCAA Football 09 producer Ben Haumiller had an interview with Gametap where he talked about the game and added the following information about online dynasty.

“Our full stat tracking that goes in for dynasty will be in the online version,” Haumiller explains, “and we’re also working with EA Sports World to get our stats displayed on the Web as well. You’re going to be able to see your Top 25 lists, your Heisman results and so forth up on EA Sports World.

Unfortunately confirmation has come today that nothing to do with your online dynasty will be hosted on EA Sports World. This also carries over to Madden 09’s online leagues, where there very well may be no web component, essentially rendering them worthless to a large group of people.

This was one of the things I was really looking forward to. Being able to browse all that information on the web at any time is much more appealing than doing it on the console. I would’ve spent much more time doing so on the computer, and this will likely lead to somewhat of a drop in online dynasty related activity and interest, and would severely hurt the appeal of the Madden leagues. So it appears that NCAA will only get the video and screenshot uploading out of EASW, which feels like a letdown after having a full year to prepare something new.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-19-2008 at 6:37am
It's available now. I'm downloading it as I type this.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-19-2008 at 10:27am
I played a few minutes before I left for work and the player control is much more responsive than 08. I'm anxious to play some more tonight.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-19-2008 at 10:45am
Once we get the Nascar stuff settled and running we should start talking about what kind of season we want to have with NCAA. 

1.  Continue with the MAC style season like last year.

2.  Go back to the original like 06 (teams from different divisions).

3.  Come up with something new.
Fazeo View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fazeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-19-2008 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Jason

I played a few minutes before I left for work and the player control is much more responsive than 08. I'm anxious to play some more tonight.

Good to know Jason, I skipped out on last year's NCAA game so I'm intrigued by NCAA 09, I'll be eager to try the demo out when I can.
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-19-2008 at 5:08pm
Played around with the demo for awhile today.  The last version I bought was 07 and my first thought was, is this the best they could do after 2 years off?  But after playing it, I have to admit it felt better and definitely looked better.  Plus, I am in the minority but I love the mascot play - I loved it NCAA 0? (can't remember, but it was a regular xbox title).  Something about seeing a gator doing a fist pump that was exciting!
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-19-2008 at 5:41pm
I got a chance to play a full demo game and came away very impressed with the player control and ball physics. EA wanted to bring the last-gen (PS2) gameplay to this version and it really shows. The player control is very responsive, as is switching players. It almost reminds me of the player control in the 2K series. It also feels faster (in a good way) than 08 and the new right-stick movements are as good as advertised. 

The passing game feels much improved too. The ball had a "heavy" feel to it in 08 and it's much easier to control the touch on the ball this year.

The graphics are slightly improved, but the lighting is much better this year. The grass textures look much better too and they added some new animations.

Only 3.5 more weeks until this is released Thumbs%20Up.
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-19-2008 at 5:55pm
I just wish they would include 1-AA teams.  I follow Holy Cross and there was once a day when they were considered a legitimate team (I saw Doug Flutie play at HC, my father saw Jimmy Brown play with Syracuse way back when at HC...
Fazeo View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fazeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-19-2008 at 7:20pm
I wished they had I-AA teams too Bastille, I know they a few years back, leave it to EA to actually take out features in a game.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>