Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NCAA Football 09 demo coming June 19th
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNCAA Football 09 demo coming June 19th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NCAA Football 09 demo coming June 19th
    Posted: 06-26-2008 at 6:38am
Night games in the NCAA Football 09 demo? Apparently there are if you set your console’s date to November or December. Both the standard play now game and the mascot game will take place at night if you do so. Thanks to NCAA Strategies for this info.
Fazeo View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fazeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-26-2008 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Jason

Night games in the NCAA Football 09 demo? Apparently there are if you set your console’s date to November or December. Both the standard play now game and the mascot game will take place at night if you do so. Thanks to NCAA Strategies for this info.

Cool, thanks for the info.

After trying the demo the other day I'm almost certain I'll be getting NCAA this year.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-26-2008 at 9:39pm
Honestly, the demo didn't do much for me.  The lighting and player models were much improved, but I didn't see a lot of change in the game play.  Of course, I know it's restricted a bit (veteran skill level, no sliders, etc.).  I'll be buying it anyway, because it's my all-time favorite video game series.  I guess I'm just saying the demo wasn't very convincing to me.

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-27-2008 at 8:32am
To be honest, the gameplay didn't need to be changed that much. The improved player control/responsiveness and ball physics alone make the game much better for me. I'm also thrilled that they updated the playcalling screen and included offensive line blocking schemes this year.

I was worried about EA going overboard with unnecessary changes this year and am glad that to see that they didn't.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-27-2008 at 11:22am
Good points, and I did notice some new animations.  I'm always exctied for this release - I can only think of one or two in its lifetime that weren't playable. 

The turnovers worry me, though, although I was able to fix them for the most part with sliders last year.

Kevin
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-07-2008 at 7:34pm
Exclusive: NCAA Football 09 Rosters

July 6, 2008 by pastapadre No Comments »

The controversy surrounding the “business” of rosters has been in the public eye more so this year than any before. That in itself threatens the future of having an editing option in games such as NCAA Football and NCAA Basketball. This year with the addition of the EA Locker feature and the following announcement hopefully that is about to change.

I can now state that the first and only fully named roster file for NCAA Football 09 on the Xbox 360 currently resides in my EA Locker.

I am choosing not to release the file for download at this time as it would just offer the opportunity for certain people to nab it in advance and use it for their own profit. However it is publicly available via the Locker to those who have the game and will remain that way.

I apologize to PS3 gamers as I do not have that roster available. Keep an eye on NCAA Strategies and freencaa09rosters for updates on that. The same circumstances will apply with a fully named roster available for free through the EA Locker, though the timing of when it will be available can not be determined at this time.

So now for 360 gamers there is no waiting around after release for rosters to be completed and no wondering where to get them from. The first time you fire up the game you’ll be able to grab the complete named roster from my locker. Even if you’re one of the lucky ones who manage to find the game early!

Spread the word that rosters are free and easier to obtain this year than ever before. Just head into the EA Locker section of NCAA Football 09 and search the gamertag pastapadre to get them instantly!

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-07-2008 at 7:57pm
Brent,

What do you think of the demo?
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-07-2008 at 8:05pm
Demo was fine to me.  Did not spend a lot of time with it since the game is so near and I know that it was a guaranteed purchase.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-07-2008 at 9:09pm
Do people actually sell rosters?  And people actually buy them?  I had no idea.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-08-2008 at 12:49am
It can be big business

Just imagine how many auctions were done in previous years when you did not have easy access to them.

Even worse are the things people will do to try and get the game early.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>