Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NASCAR 09 Impressions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNASCAR 09 Impressions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NASCAR 09 Impressions
    Posted: 06-30-2008 at 9:07am
Kevin's review of NASCAR 09 has been posted at Gameshark:

NASCAR 09
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-29-2008 at 9:03am
If Fazeo can make it I guess we're racing!
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-29-2008 at 7:37am
I'm good for Wednesday too but don't mind holding off if one or two people can't make it.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-28-2008 at 10:51pm
I'm good for Wednesday!

Kevin
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-28-2008 at 6:08pm
I'm good for next week.  I leave for a wedding (wife's side of the family, and thus, major suckitude) on Saturday, but will be back the same night (even though it is a good distance away).

I may be out of action for portions of the weekend, however, as my mother-in-law is visiting and, well, will intrude on my gaming life.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-28-2008 at 3:52pm
Hmm, does anyone else think they'll miss due to the holiday week?  Jason and I decided to go dark for the July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas weeks.  However, if everyone can make it for this Wednesday then there is no reason not to race.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-28-2008 at 3:30pm
Hey, if we run this week, it looks like I may be in afterall.  My cousin brought a wireless adapter, and the place has wireless.  I'll have no voice, though.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-27-2008 at 9:32pm
Thanks for the tip.  I'll switch off the autosave.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-27-2008 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Ted_L

Anyone else getting freezes?  I got a second one last night and now this morning the game freezes every time at my profile load screen after pressing start.  I wonder if I should go into the dashboard and delete my profile for N09.

My game kept freezing every time tonight at the profile load screen too. I had to delete my profile and I read that turning off "Auto-Save" helps prevent the problem from returning.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-25-2008 at 6:33am
Originally posted by GB_Simo

Jason, if the road courses are your downfall, remember there's a European on these boards LOL Get the majority of your braking done in a straight line, let the car roll into the corner, roll gently and steadily back into the throttle, repeat, and don't do anything too abruptly because a big, heavy stock car will spit you into the fence before you can say 'Easy, tiger' if you do.  The other big thing is to practice at Watkins Glen to start with (or put WALMART EVERYDAY into the cheat code area to unlock a nice, flat road track around Chicago Pier), because Infineon's elevation changes and switchbacks will do nothing but give you fits initially.

Thanks for the advice. I had started at Infineon (because last Sunday's race took place there), but quickly realized that I should start with Watkins Glen. I'll have to check out the Pier track.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>