Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: The SGN Nascar 09 Racing League Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe SGN Nascar 09 Racing League Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 22>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The SGN Nascar 09 Racing League Thread
    Posted: 06-26-2008 at 6:29am
Big fun!  I did better than I thought I would, although I have some work to do...  Ted was tearing it up yesterday!

Kevin
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-26-2008 at 7:21am
From EA's Blog:

Last thing, we have seen the reports of some problems surrounding the performance points and how they can be exploited. We are investigating the reported problems, and are examining the feasibility to fix those issues. We should have more info on that at a later date.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-26-2008 at 8:15am

Just to reiterate from what we were talking about last night, we now can choose any car, run any setup, and have any number of performance points, right?

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-26-2008 at 8:33am
Any car and any setup is fine. How does everyone else want to handle performance points? I don't have any, but don't think it's fair for people that want to play a career offline. I'm hoping EA addresses the issue now that they're aware of it.
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-26-2008 at 8:53am
Ugh...  I deleted all of my stuff last night for the league.  I had over 1300 RP's, and probably 100 points in upgrades that I'd applied between the 4 tracks. 

Oh well, that was mostly for the review.  I don't mind starting over.  You can play a career without ever using PP's, so I would be okay with not using PP's at all, but it really doesn't matter to me.

Just let me know what we're going to do.  I need to get Ricky Bobby back on the track!  Smile

Kevin
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-26-2008 at 9:43am
It sounds like maybe we caused a few people grief by forcing them to delete their performance points.  If it means we are more likely to keep all six of us that was racing last night in the league to the end then maybe we should allow performance points.  If there is an exploit that is being used by the online community in general then hopefully EA can eliminate it with a patch.

I've posted my Daytona setup for download from my locker if anyone is curious.  There is another race at Daytona this season and you all are welcome to use it if you like.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-26-2008 at 10:18am
I'm good with anything, though I think we should have an official policy.  I only had 15 points which I deleted before yesterday's race, so I didn't lose anything much.  So we can go:

1)No points

2)Performance points to a capped level--possibly built around what the guys who raced with PP's for the first race are currently at, so we aren't asking for deletions.

3)Unlimited

I think PP's do make a noticeable enough difference, and the 'real' driver I took last night was also noticeably faster than my default custom 0 PP car.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-26-2008 at 10:34am
I'll have to run a test and see if my 40 car is faster than my custom car with 0 PP with the same setup.

I hear what you're saying, D.  We just need to be consistent.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-26-2008 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Derek

2)Performance points to a capped level--possibly built around what the guys who raced with PP's for the first race are currently at, so we aren't asking for deletions.

This is probably the way to go.

It'll be interesting to see how Ted's custom car and #40 car compare.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-26-2008 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Jason

It'll be interesting to see how Ted's custom car and #40 car compare.

Some of this will depend on how 40's driver is on the type of track you run on, though.  When I switched to a Pro I made sure to choose someone with a high Superspeedway rating.  If your driver isn't all that good in that area, you may not notice that much of a difference.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 22>