Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NCAA 09 Online Dynasty interest thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNCAA 09 Online Dynasty interest thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NCAA 09 Online Dynasty interest thread
    Posted: 07-20-2008 at 7:48pm
Brent, that really sucks.  I hope it isn't the death signal or if it is I hope you get a fast turnaround.

Grambo, you can have USC.  I'm using them in the league because we were going with top tier teams and I used to live in Pasadena so I do have a liking for them.  I'm not going to use them in the online dynasty though because they are too good already.  I'm a little surprised that you guys want to play dynasties with really good teams.  I though Brent originally said we should go with lower teams to try and build something.  Doesn't matter to me though.  At this point I'm leaning toward UTEP or Kentucky. 

I did have one idea for an online dynasty team draft that assured we all played another human at least once.  If you guys are interested in hearing that let me know.  I'm good with this format though.

Edit:  I must say I am really peeved with the treatment of Kansas in this year's version.  I didn't expect them to be a powerhouse in 09, but their rating can't be right.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-20-2008 at 7:58pm
I am considering buying the unit for $299.99, sending this one off and just keeping two since this is my second RROD. All the new units have HDMI so that would have been my only concern.

Going to store right now and will talk about dynasty when I get back.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-20-2008 at 10:07pm
Picked up the Arcade system, so I am good to go.  Just needed something with HDMI.

As for the dynasty, I think you are right going with weak teams (under 70 or so). That way the recruiting aspect has more importance and we can see who can build the best team from scratch.

I am game for either option but think it would be best if we all stick to one or the other.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-20-2008 at 10:28pm
I don't mind if you guys use the powerhouse teams.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-20-2008 at 10:48pm
I can use OU in my offline dynasty. It really might be best to go with lower ranked teams.

Yea, Kansas got burned in the ratings, for a team they made #15 in the polls.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-21-2008 at 6:26am
I'll look for a lower ranked team tonight.
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-21-2008 at 10:13am
I like the idea of using lower ranked teams as well.  I started a dynasty yesterday with Army and it was fun trying to claw it out with another lowlife team.  I probably won't go with Army for the online dynasty but will find someone suitable.  I really wished they included the 1AA teams for play.

Oh, by the way, I have Pastapadres rosters and apparently they fixed the problem of crashing as I have had no problems with them yet.  If anyone wants them, access my EA locker and look for the roster called pastapadre.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-21-2008 at 11:30am
Here's some bad news from PastaPadre:

Online Dynasty in NCAA Football 09 was shaping up to be to be one of, if not the best new feature in a sports game in years. It had a true next-gen feel to it and into just the first week of the feature it had rejuvenated my interest in playing games against the CPU. The ability to have most of the games against the CPU offered the flexibility to progress a dynasty smoothly (unlike online leagues) while keeping the interactivity of having other users involved made it an exciting proposition.

Unfortunately the biggest feature for the game doesn’t appear to work right, as numerous reports of different things happening to wreck dynasties have been reported. That is the case with the Pastapadre Online Dynasty, which before week one could even be completed has seen an early death. I can no longer load into the dynasty as it just bumps me back to the main menu, and looking at the settings from the outside shows completely inaccurate settings and sliders.

Needless to say this is one of the most frustrating developments I’ve ever experienced when it comes to sports gaming. Previous years have brought terrible online performance though that was corrected with 09. Now the most anticipated and hyped feature doesn’t function correctly. And for those that haven’t had problems yet they’ll have to face anxiety each time they load it up. Not exactly the experience that was promised.

Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-21-2008 at 12:42pm
When was that dated Jason?  I know there were problems at first - he even removed it from his locker so that nobody else could d/l it.  The guy I got it from said he just got it recently and he has not had a problem with his dynasties, and so far I have seen no problem.  I'll keep on testing it I guess.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-21-2008 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Grambo Bastille

When was that dated Jason?  I know there were problems at first - he even removed it from his locker so that nobody else could d/l it.  The guy I got it from said he just got it recently and he has not had a problem with his dynasties, and so far I have seen no problem.  I'll keep on testing it I guess.

It was posted today. EA thinks the problem may be with their online servers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>