Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: NCAA 09 Online Dynasty interest thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNCAA 09 Online Dynasty interest thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NCAA 09 Online Dynasty interest thread
    Posted: 07-18-2008 at 10:52am
This has nothing to do with the NCAA09 league. I am still a go for that.  Just figured that since EA spent so much time with this mode and all that it would be worthwhile giving this a shot.

Most of the time is spent playing CPU games so it would be like running an offline dynasty with a few user-user games.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-18-2008 at 11:41am
I've never played a dynasty mode in a sports game in my life, so I'm not exactly sure what this entails. What's involved in doing this?
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-18-2008 at 12:47pm
I needed to use you as an example (you are the only gamertag I have with NCAA09) so you will be getting some invites as i was testing the system.

Dynasty is as simple as you want it to be.  You pretty much manage your team, depth chart, you can edit your offensive/defensive scheme and tweak your playbook to some other team.  All of the recruiting stuff can be done by the CPU so it is not something you are forced to do.

In an online dynasty you are locked into playing a schedule as edited by the Dynasty creator.  No matter who you use you are forced into playing the conference schedule, those can't be edited.  The 3-4 non conference games can be edited by the commish. So what I did as a test was start an online dynasty putting both of us in the same conference (that way we have one user/user game a year).  I used a weak conference because the fun of a dynasty is building up a weak team into a powerhouse.

Each week you do your recruiting and play your game.  After everyone in the dynasty has performed this task you go to the next week until the end of the season/bowl/BCS games.  After that is over you start a new season and bring in the new recruits.

So as a test I setup one using the Sun Belt.

Sun Belt           
Arkansas State    62    73    60
FIU    67    70    66
Florida Atlantic    72    77    71
Mid Tenn State    67    73    69
North Texas    69    75    69   -   Brent
Troy    72    70    78
UL Lafayette    69    77    66  -   Jason
UL Monroe    67    75    66

The more people in the dynasty, the more user/user games you will have (assuming they are scheduled properly in the non-conference games - for dynasties that run off of different conferences)

The one advantage to individuals playing in the different conferences is the possibility of a user/user matchup in a bowl game.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-18-2008 at 10:26pm
I'll try.  That conference has no interest for me though.  Are you set there?
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-19-2008 at 12:20am
Nope, in fact I was going to delete it.  Just testing to see how things work.

There is another option where we all use different conferences and play it just like an offline dynasty with all games vs. CPU (only way we play each other would be a bowl or BCS game).

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-19-2008 at 1:03am
Any interest in an online dynasty in the MAC?  Kevin might even get on board with that one.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-19-2008 at 3:49am
I am good to go with any conference you guys agree on or if you want to go separate conferences.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-19-2008 at 9:26am
Also, do we all automatically play on the same settings and quarter lengths?  Or are we on our honor?

Do we have to tell you what team and you pick it or do we go into an "area" and do all of this ourselves?  Go ahead and set it up!

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-19-2008 at 4:39pm
I have to have a list of the teams first. I enter in a gamertag and select the team.  Everyone plays by the same settings and I already have the rosters named. In the dynasty you will use the same rosters as the ones brought into the dynasty by the person running it.

Since this will be mostly CPU games I was thinking something along the lines of

All-American
7 minutes
Injuries: On
Fatigue: On
Ice the Kicker: On
All the other stuff: Off

Also I do have the ability to move sliders around if necessary. So if we all agree something needs to be tweaked we can.  This runs just like an offline dynasty and all of the options are the same.

So what we need are who all plan to participate and the team they want to run a dynasty with.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-19-2008 at 4:41pm
Forgot to add there is no need for the honor system.  The game actually tracks how many times someone restarts an online dynasty game (CPU or user/user) and the information is available to Commish.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>