Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Fifa 09 Update
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFifa 09 Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fifa 09 Update
    Posted: 07-30-2008 at 11:00am

http://www.fifasoccerblog.com/

OK lads only a really quick post but look at fifasoccerblog over the next few days for loads more details and exclusive stuff. Well all I can say is that FIFA 09 is truly where next gen football begins.

A few key point:

1. Be a pro is 4 seasons offline

2. They have a new EA locker where the game tactics and formations an stuff by the fans can be exchanged!

3. They are also implementing a new online rule for quitters. If you quit in the first 3 minutes no penalty. Quit between 3 and 5 minutes you get a DNF and quit after 5 minutes you get a 5 minute loss and a really bad rating.

4. Collision system is phenomenal! You really have to see it in action.

5. New jostling system is also amazing.

6. Ball physics and passing is improved drastically.

7. The pace of the game is much better.

8. The manager mode is pretty much the same, as well the edit mode.

9. There will be some major announcements at Leipzig about the exclusive ps3 mode.

10. Player fatigue has been improved.

And there are loads more details and pics to come.

The FSB team touch down in the UK tomorrow so expect loads more exclusive stuff then.

And yes your questions have been answered in a 1 hour 1-1 with David Rutter

It was a long day for the FSB Team visiting the EA Canada facilities here in Vancouver. Starting very early at 9am and working through till 9pm. But it was worth every minute! Over the next few days we will be providing the viewers with much insight into the PC and PS3/X360 versions of FIFA 09. Having played the game on both formats we are pleased to tell you that you are in for a treat. Next-Gen football has finally arrived!

The PC version of FIFA 09 has undergone a massive overhaul this season and is looking a real treat with the new mouse and keyboard controls that remind us of a certain football game on the Wii, be it with much much more accurate controls. The focus... a much more innovative control scheme.

The next-gen version of FIFA 09 though stole the show. From the moment you get your hands on it you will realise how much this game has come along. We were pleasantly surprised at the progress the team here in Vancouver have made over the course of the year. The focus was "250 Key Changes", and its clear they did deliver!

Over the next few days we will be posting impressions as well as images and exclusive interviews. Be sure to check back for a full in-depth look at PS3/X360 and PC versions of FIFA 09.

Signing Out,

FSB Team (Vancouver, Canada)

A massive thank you to Azlan for letting us know about this video. We were a bit slow in picking this one up, but thanks to the community we have it here for you.

Its a long gameplay video about the PC version. Just check out the player faces, they look incredible!

Lets us know what you think!

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-30-2008 at 11:01am
So Jason, are you going to sell UEFA once this bad boy comes out?

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-30-2008 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Brent

So Jason, are you going to sell UEFA once this bad boy comes out?

If it's better, I have no problem selling UEFA and buying FIFA.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-31-2008 at 1:41pm
Two new Fifa videos (presentation)

http://www.vimeo.com/1441548

Great video lots of 08/09 comparisons

http://www.vimeo.com/1441737

petes-24 View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote petes-24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-01-2008 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Brent

Two new Fifa videos (presentation)

http://www.vimeo.com/1441548

Great video lots of 08/09 comparisons

http://www.vimeo.com/1441737

I thought the first video in particular was great.  Even if it is wrapped up in some marketing, the 09 comparison with 08 was pretty cool.  And, not having the time to devote to a dynasty mode, I am glad they said the concentrated on gameplay and barely touched manager mode. I was a PES believer, but FIFA has won me over I think.

I may even have to try EA's NHL series again now!  (Good thing I don't care about Madden at all, though the demise of NCAA Football saddens me.)

Anyone on PS3 that is up for some FIFA when it comes out, give a shout -- I'm 'petes-24' on PSN.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-01-2008 at 12:49pm
If you thought that video was great...

Gameplay videos - Arsenal - Chelsea  -  really good quality videos

http://www.videogameszone.de/aid,654223/VideogamesZone/FIFA_09/Chelsea_vs_Arsenal_Exklusives_Video_aus_FIFA_09/

GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-20-2008 at 12:12pm
Demo coming on the 11th of next month:

I really hope I've not accidentally linked to the SingStar Disney announcement.  Boy, would my face be red.

In the same link, details of the Live Season feature Brent mentioned in the Games Convention thread.  Nice idea, but it seems a shame that if a player has an off-day on a Saturday, you'll surely have to carry that off-day through the next week no matter how many matches you're playing in that week.  Good players have bad games, and I'd rather the game reflected it in a way that meant exactly that - they'd have a bad game with me, not a bad week.  Still, it's optional, and I can't imagine myself paying for it once the free trial ends in any case.
 Post Reply Post Reply