Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Madden demo is out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMadden demo is out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
All-Star
All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Madden demo is out
    Posted: 07-31-2008 at 7:19am
I'm downloading it now - 1.1 gig.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-31-2008 at 9:04am
I downloaded it this morning and tried it out quickly before work. I wish they would have given us a gameplay demo instead of just 2 minutes after the training session.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-31-2008 at 11:08am
Probably just going to wait for the game to come out at this point (Already have the 20th Aniv paid off).  Had it been a regular demo I would have. 

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-31-2008 at 7:25pm
I'm glad the "old" camera will be available in the full version. I'm not liking the new camera too much.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-31-2008 at 8:31pm
Facebreaker demo is also up.  Going to dl both while I work around the yard. 

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-31-2008 at 8:58pm
Lots of drama starting for Madden now. From a Madden Senior Designer on OS:

There are in fact no CPU sliders. I discovered this myself about 2 weeks ago as well, and was kind of wondering when I should break the news. I wish I had an explanation, but I don't. There's not all that much more I can say about it...

There's one other bit of bad news that I discovered at the same time, and that is there is no custom controller configuration any more. Again, I don't really have an explanation.

PS - In the build where I was adjusting sliders, I was adjusting User INT's to zero - so the human wouldn't pick off the QB as much (since I know people were originally concerned that the CPU QB threw too many picks).

(ducks out of way of flying chairs)

So anyway - I don't know what else to say really.

Link
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-31-2008 at 9:14pm
LOL  That will be a fun thread.

It's sliders, thankfully not a big issue for me.

I can just see quote from EA CEO popping up...

"I don't think the investors give a sh*t about our quality," Riccitiello admitted during a lengthy interview with VentureBeat. "They care about our earnings per share. They wait for it to happen. We had three years where we didn't make our expectations. If I were an investor, I would wait and see. That's fine with me."

and

Chief amongst Riccitiello's - and by extension EA's - regrets is throwing down big development bucks on 360 and PS3 games instead of Wii titles.

...we typically [figure] out who the market leader [is] going to be before the start of the cycle and bet with our development resources on that platform. We made the wrong call there (by betting on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360), which made this transition harder than it would otherwise be.

Wii future... Embarrassed  Bill Abner takes down EA, one forum posts at a time.

Jaredpk2000 View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaredpk2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-31-2008 at 11:05pm
I thought the demo was alright, the new camera was definitely not a favorite of mine.  
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-01-2008 at 8:03am
No cpu sliders at all? That AI that adjusts to you better be spot-on.
Instead of actually getting better at the game, I'll be able to play a cpu that is gimping itself to make me feel better about my crummy skills. And if I still make terrible decisions, I can take a mulligan. This self-esteem stuff they teach in schools has trickled down to video games.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-01-2008 at 8:08am
There's a good possibility I may pass on Madden. It doesn't seem to offer anything more than NCAA Football, except pro teams.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>