Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Fall/Winter 08 Online Sports Game Interest Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFall/Winter 08 Online Sports Game Interest Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fall/Winter 08 Online Sports Game Interest Thread
    Posted: 07-31-2008 at 11:33am
We have a slew of sports games coming out this Fall/Winter, just using this thread to gauge what interest we have in each.

Madden 09 (32 Man league - similar to NCAA OD but only lasts one year  or  standard SGN League)

NFL Head Coach 09  (Head to Head coaching only - no real league, just individual games - could be played as a standard SGN League)

Tiger Woods 09 (online play for up to four players - could be played as a standard SGN league)

NHL 09 (EA SPORTS Hockey League  or Standard SGN League)

NHL 2K9 (Standard SGN league)

NBA Live 09
(Standard SGN league)

NBA 2K9 (Standard SGN League)

Fifa Soccer 09 (Standard SGN League)

NCAA Basketball 09 (Standard SGN League)

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-31-2008 at 11:41am
Madden 09 (32 Man league - similar to NCAA OD but only lasts one year  or  standard SGN League)
Brent (Preferred team Pittsburgh) I would like to try both, like we are doing with NCAA09

Tiger Woods 09 (online play for up to four players - could be played as a standard SGN league)
Brent (I would like to make a few SGN online tournaments if there is interest)

Brent (Preferred team Dallas Stars) Would be interested in both

NBA Live 09
(Standard SGN league)
Brent (Preferred team San Antonio) League

Fifa Soccer 09 (Standard SGN League)
Brent (Preferred Leagues MLS with Dallas or English Premier with Man City)

NCAA Basketball 09 (Standard SGN League)
Brent (Preferred team Texas Tech or North Texas depending on quality of teams used)

Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-31-2008 at 1:24pm

Those two for me.  Well, NHL definitely and TW maybe.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-31-2008 at 1:45pm
You ever play the football games?  I seem to recall seeing that you did not like how they simulated the sport.  Just wondering if you would ever consider gameflying one and trying out a league?

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-31-2008 at 1:55pm
I'm definitely in with:
  • Madden 09 - both
  • NHL 09 - both
  • NBA Live 09 - Standard SGN League
  • March Madness 09 - Standard SGN League
  • FIFA 09 - Standard SGN League
I may give Tiger Woods 09 a try too. I won't have the time (or money) to buy Head Coach too.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-31-2008 at 2:04pm
P.S.  It is no longer called March Madness, it was renamed NCAA Basketball 09. ;)

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-31-2008 at 2:38pm
I was well aware of that chief. I'll still call it March Madness though Wink.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-31-2008 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Brent

You ever play the football games?  I seem to recall seeing that you did not like how they simulated the sport.  Just wondering if you would ever consider gameflying one and trying out a league?

Yeah, I'd probably give that a shot if you guys were really into one.  Playing against real people often removes a lot of the weirdness that you can see in 1p. I prefer Pros to college, so maybe Madden.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-31-2008 at 2:58pm
I think Madden will end up being the better of the two football games this year.  That said we will probably play the heck out of both. Just that there was no Madden league last year. 

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-31-2008 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Brent

I think Madden will end up being the better of the two football games this year.

I'm not so sure about that. I wasn't blown away by the Madden gameplay in the demo and like the camera in NCAA better.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>