Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Tiger Woods Demo coming on the 14th
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTiger Woods Demo coming on the 14th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tiger Woods Demo coming on the 14th
    Posted: 08-12-2008 at 10:41am

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-14-2008 at 6:15pm
Downloading right now.

Anyone try it yet?
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-14-2008 at 6:55pm
Well let's just say this and Madden are the reason I am going back to gamefly and renting, instead of purchasing (with the option to buy from them).

EA has simply gotten too lazy for their own good.  While I enjoy and am keeping NCAA 09 it still frustrates me to no end all the things that should be in the game/fixed before shipping out.

So sometime this week I am getting a gamefly account and trying everything first.  A little advice from Ted and a poster over on the EA TW forums helped too.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-14-2008 at 7:06pm
I love gamefly.  I know Jason had a bad experience with them and I feel bad about that, but they are really great.  I think they have added a shipping center since Jason's time too.

I have to do the math, but with the instant discount on new releases I would say that there would be a way that if you bought X games per year through them the membership would pay for itself or at least half.  I could keep Madden for 46.54 right now and my copy was brand new.  Like I said I'll have to do the math.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-14-2008 at 7:18pm
I guess this is my little way of sticking it to the man.  It's not going to change my habits too much, as I will probably use the buy now on most. Keeps me from spending money with Gamestop, who I have tired of dealing with as of late.  The closest store is being run by morons.

Just FYI I also sold Top Spin 3 to the guy I sold Madden to (owed him some money so he took them in trade) but I will be getting the two or three game setup and stick Top Spin in there, along with Madden and Tiger Woods.  Will give you some time to practice up.

Do not fret Jason, I will have Madden in a week or so and Big Ben will be in whooping mode.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-14-2008 at 7:20pm
I just played 2 rounds (3 holes each) and enjoyed it more than I thought. I never played a Tiger Woods golf game and immediately liked the analog swing. My one complaint is that I wish you could swing with the right-analog stick instead of the left. It was also much less complicated than I expected. I might have to seriously consider this game.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-14-2008 at 7:21pm
My suggestion is to use keep it instead of buy it now option.  With keep it you already have the game in hand and know what you are getting.  I think Jason had big problems with buy it now where they shipped everything to him in one shot.  I think one time it took 10 or 14 days.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-14-2008 at 7:23pm
I did the "Buy it Now" option once with Virtua Tennis 3 when they had a big sale after Christmas and it took forever to get the game. My big complaint was with the delivery times of rentals.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-14-2008 at 7:32pm
Delivery times are still a little bit of a crap shoot, but generally I get a turnaround now of 5 to 7 days with 5 being very common.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-14-2008 at 7:35pm
It was taking 5-8 days to receive my next game AFTER they received the one I returned (which usually took 3 days).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>