Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Match Reports Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMatch Reports Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Message / View Unread Post
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Match Reports Thread
    Posted: 03-17-2006 at 1:30am

K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-17-2006 at 9:54am

That scares me...  Jason shredded my Ukraine squad in the second half much the same way!  It looks like I'll be playing "keep away" as much as possible against Seth!

Are you available anytime Saturday, Seth?

Kevin

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-17-2006 at 9:58am

I'm just pretending the first half never took place since the score was 1-1 in the second half .

Seth's really good at dribbling through traffic (something I cannot do) and puts alot of pressure on the opposing offensive players. He forced me into making a bunch of mistakes.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-17-2006 at 11:13am
I've played all of you now and the thing I can say for sure is we all have our own style.  Play to your strengths and find a way to keep your opponent on his backfoot.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-17-2006 at 6:55pm
Kevin, tomorrow is going to be sort of busy for me... will you be around on Sunday?
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-17-2006 at 9:09pm

Sunday night would be great!  Somewhere around 8-10PM.  Let me know what you think...

Kevin

K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-21-2006 at 9:43pm
Wowie...  I was no match for Seth...  I couldn't get the ball away from him, or keep him from getting it from me!  And, in the rare moments I actually had space, I'd panic and give it right up.  I'll save the details for Seth's match report, but it wasn't pretty...  Smile

Kevin
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-21-2006 at 9:54pm
Funny... my impression of the game as were playing it, was that Kevin was a very good passer and did a good job of pressuring me in the early going... I was pretty nervous.  Ukraine did have a tough time getting good looks at the goal, as evidenced by the disparate 'shots taken' tallies.  Fernando Torres continued his magical ways, utilizing an effective dribble fake in the box and sending home a low, hard shot to the side the keeper was actually covering to get his first goal at 28'. 55' saw Torres strike again, sending home a nice header off the corner kick.

Things went quiet for the next thirty minutes, and Ukraine wasn't out of it until a JAW-DROPPING effort by the Ukrainian keeper in which he lunged again and again to block THREE (!) close range shots before finally allowing a Reyes header to slip past him (84').  Torres was given the rest of the day off, and Reyes nabbed one more for safety after establishing position in the box, turning, and shooting low (87').

Paella and sangria for everyone!

Ukraine

Spain
Score
Shots
On Goal
Penalty
Free Kicks
Corners
Fouls
Offside
Yellow
Red
45%
Possession
55%

Goals: 

Spain:  Fernando Torres 28', 55'
           Reyes 84', 87'

Weather:  Rainy!
K_Mosley View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote K_Mosley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-21-2006 at 10:43pm
Seth, your ability to control the dribble and tackle effectively are incredible.  I need to work on those moves! 

I just wanted to get out of there without being embarrassed.  Unfortunately, those back-to-back goals around the 80th minute did me in.  That series with my goalie was impressive, though!  I just couldn't clear...

I learned a lot, though, and had fun!  Smile

Kevin
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-22-2006 at 12:53am
I love sangria!

Nice mop up of Group H, Seth.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>