Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Tiger Woods Review @ TXB written by  ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTiger Woods Review @ TXB written by ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tiger Woods Review @ TXB written by ?
    Posted: 08-26-2008 at 6:28pm
http://reviews. teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1554/Tiger-Woods-PGA-Tour- 09/p1/

Someone on the EA Marketing team writing reviews for TXB?

If EA Sports isn’t careful, they might make Tiger Woods’ name as synonymous with golf as they’ve made John Madden’s with football. What’s that you say? Too late? Tiger Woods is already synonymous with golf the world over, and a much bigger celebrity than John Madden is? That EA Sports had nothing to do with making him a household name?

Oh well, let’s just call them lucky then, lucky to be a part of that gravy train. EA obviously put their money on the good horse when they locked Tiger down to a long term deal as the spokesman/coverboy/main character for their consistently excellent golf game. Nice one, EA. Even if you didn’t have the exclusive PGA license, which you do, you obviously hit one dead solid perfect with the player who not only dominates the sport but also has the name recognition to sell anything with his moniker attached.

But I’d also like to thank you EA. You didn’t just rest on your laurels and put a mediocre golf game out year after year because you can. You’ve consistently put out quality Tiger Woods products that have not only improved upon one another, but advanced the gameplay of video game golf while at the same time remaining fun to both hardcore gamers and entry level golf fans alike. That’s an accomplishment that shouldn’t be understated.

------------------------------------

Notice I am not going to comment on the TW09 part, since I have yet to purchase it (soon though). The part I did list sounds like it came straight from EA's marketing department.

Guessing this guy skipped TW08 and all the bug ridden mess that it was.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
 Post Reply Post Reply