Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Tiger Woods 09 Impressions Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTiger Woods 09 Impressions Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tiger Woods 09 Impressions Thread
    Posted: 08-31-2008 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

I think I'm going to cave in and buy this tomorrow Embarrassed.

I tried switching to the 3-click swing and it's like night and day compared to the analog swing, and I was suddenly good at the game.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-01-2008 at 8:32am
Is there a simple "Play Now" mode where I could use Tiger Woods?
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-01-2008 at 11:18am
This is easily the most fun I've had with a next gen Tiger title.  Apologies to Brent, who asked me to play last night.  I (thought!) I was heading to bed when he asked, but got caught up in doing some online shot challenges for about another hour!!  (Then actually woke up about another hour after that to play some more, as I am suffering with a bad summer cold, ATM)  But Tiger helped the sleepless nights!

Brent, I should be good for later tonight (maybe 11pm eastern) if you are around!

Jason, yeah, you can do one-offs with Tiger or the other pros.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-01-2008 at 3:31pm

Is there a simple "Play Now" mode where I could use Tiger Woods?

Go to game modes - traditional game modes - stroke play (or whatever you want) - when on your player, move the directional to the right and it will go to Tiger and the other PGA golfers available to play with.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-01-2008 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Derek

This is easily the most fun I've had with a next gen Tiger title.  Apologies to Brent, who asked me to play last night.  I (thought!) I was heading to bed when he asked, but got caught up in doing some online shot challenges for about another hour!!  (Then actually woke up about another hour after that to play some more, as I am suffering with a bad summer cold, ATM)  But Tiger helped the sleepless nights!

Brent, I should be good for later tonight (maybe 11pm eastern) if you are around!

Jason, yeah, you can do one-offs with Tiger or the other pros.

No problem, kept myself busy playing the game for apparently 4-5 hours last night.  It really is one of the best TW.

I lowered the difficulty all the way down and spent like 3 hours knocking out some Tiger Challenges so I can unlock courses  (3 down - 7 to go).  I am going to get all that Tiger Challenge bunk done first so I can get all the courses unlocked and then never click on the Tiger Challenge option again. ;)  I really hate that mode.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-01-2008 at 5:15pm
Thanks for the info guys. I didn't get a chance to buy it today, but will pick it up for sure tomorrow.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-02-2008 at 11:08am
I plan on picking this up tonight and wanted to know if anyone would be interested in some type of online tournament.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-02-2008 at 2:56pm

I plan on picking this up tonight and wanted to know if anyone would be interested in some type of online tournament.

I've got my copy. Looking forward to trying it out tonight.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-02-2008 at 6:25pm

I would but it would all have to be done by trust?  Is there a way to run one with this game?

Maybe we should ask Jrod over at DSP? Embarrassed

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-02-2008 at 9:08pm
http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=422648&tstart=0

Hey lookie here, EA is paying attention to our suggestions and opening the line of communication.

Brent done good... Embarrassed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>