Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: SGN NHL 09 Club Locker Room
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSGN NHL 09 Club Locker Room

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SGN NHL 09 Club Locker Room
    Posted: 10-01-2008 at 9:42am
Here's my bullsh*t response from EA technical support:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting EA Technical Support. I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing difficulties.

If you have performed all the basic troubleshooting steps but still not able to play the game, then this is usually an indication that the console is having difficulty reading the game disc. This could be for many reasons; usually this is because the game disc is damaged or unreadable but in some situations this can be the sign of a more serious issue with your console .

CHECK THE GAME DISK

1. If there are any noticeable scratches or smudges on the surface of the game disc, try to clean them off by using a non-abrasive cotton cloth. Note: Do not rub hard and do not rub in a circular motion as this could further damage the game disc.

a. If the game disc does not work in another system, this is a good indicator that the disc is damaged or defective. To acquire a replacement game disc you will want to refer to your manual for warranty information specific to your product.

The options we recommend for game replacement, if needed, are as follows. You may replace the game through the store where you originally purchased it, if that option is still possible. This is by far the faster way to replace your game with a new copy. If the store is no longer able to replace your game, you may then make use of the EA Warranty, found on the inside back of your game manual, or you may use this link: http://warrantyinfo.ea.com/.

If you choose to use the warranty, please read through the instructions carefully. If you have any particular questions regarding the policy, please use the Contact Us link as you have before, and choose Warranty in the Category drop down box to direct your question to the Warranty department of Electronic Arts.

If you have any other questions, then by all means feel free to let us know. You can also refer to our extensive Self Help Knowledgebase at http://support.ea.com for common technical questions.

Thank you,

John
EA Online Support

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-01-2008 at 10:00am
Are you going to try exchanging NHL from target or wherever you bought it from?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-01-2008 at 10:08am
Originally posted by TedSGN

I guess it's worth a shot and I'll probably do it. I'm gonna be really pissed off when the same thing happens with the new disc.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-01-2008 at 10:12am
Updated stats table in first post.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-01-2008 at 10:12am
Originally posted by JasonSGN

I guess it's worth a shot and I'll probably do it. I'm gonna be really pissed off when the same thing happens with the new disc.

I sure hope your console is not taking a dump.
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-01-2008 at 11:06am
Jason - the same crap is happening to me with several games, especially NCAA!
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-01-2008 at 11:22am
I really don't think it's my console. NHL is the only game I've ever had problems with and clearing the cache works for a while - it wouldn't work at all if it was my console or the NHL disc.

Also, it's happening to a lot of other people and was mentioned by the producer of the game as something that will be patched.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-01-2008 at 7:29pm
Now I'm really annoyed. I went to the Target near my house to return NHL 09 for another copy and they gave me a Gift Card for the total  ($64.19). I went over to the electronics department and they didn't have any copies. Like an idiot, I decided to drive to another Target 20 minutes away and they didn't have it either. I was really hoping to get another copy tonight so I could join you guys online.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-01-2008 at 8:10pm
Oh man.  I'm sorry I suggested that now.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-01-2008 at 8:33pm

Oh man.  I'm sorry I suggested that now.

Don't blame yourself. I'm actually kinda glad that I have my money back rather than owning a game that didn't work.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>