Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: SGN NHL 09 Club Locker Room
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSGN NHL 09 Club Locker Room

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SGN NHL 09 Club Locker Room
    Posted: 10-01-2008 at 8:47pm
I guess you can put it towards FIFA.  But I expect some hockey from you this season!Wink
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-01-2008 at 9:00pm
I have every intention of buying NHL 09 again. I have another Target near my office that I'll try tomorrow.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-02-2008 at 7:45am
Oy vey!  Finally meet up with Ted and Grambo and then have my first lockup with this game right upon receiving a pass.  I thought about killing time until the next match, but it was late and I'm getting up at 6:45 these days.  I will try and be on again tonight!  Quickly realizing that this might be the best thing in my library right now, even OTP with randoms (in which I always leave the headset plugged in but the volume all the way down).

Not sure why anyone would play offline be-a-pro when online is available.  I mean, real people are one thing, but I spend half the time offline catching a breather on the bench and waiting for my energy to fill back up.  Realistic, I guess, but not that cool.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-02-2008 at 8:43am
I picked up another copy this morning at the Target near my office. I'll find out if it works when I get home tonight.
petes-24 View Drop Down
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post Options Post Options   Quote petes-24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-02-2008 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Slumberland

Not sure why anyone would play offline be-a-pro when online is available.  I mean, real people are one thing, but I spend half the time offline catching a breather on the bench and waiting for my energy to fill back up.  Realistic, I guess, but not that cool.

I did the same for the first few games, until I realized that I could switch to the less-hardcore, "position lock" setting in the pre-game setup and at least play the other shifts for my position until my guy got on the ice.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-02-2008 at 10:17am
Originally posted by petes-24

I did the same for the first few games, until I realized that I could switch to the less-hardcore, "position lock" setting in the pre-game setup and at least play the other shifts for my position until my guy got on the ice.

That's what I do in the rare games I play offline bap.  Sitting on the bench was novel for awhile, but got old fast.

Seth,  sorry you got dropped and we didn't want to forfeit so we kept playing.  Was hoping you would be around after, but understand about it being late.  I'll be available tonight for some more.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-02-2008 at 10:17am
Ah, good tip!
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-02-2008 at 11:34am
If my new game works, I'll be on right after the vice-presidential debate. I can't wait to try online team play.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-02-2008 at 2:19pm

You do have the option of locking down the position (which let's you play with the players that replace you) or what I do which is leave my player out there the whole time.  I prefer playing the game over realism that makes me sit on the bench.

* I guess I should read ALL THE REPLIES before posting my little nuggets. Embarrassed

** I spend enough time in the penalty box as it is online (Peter Moore hates me)

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-02-2008 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

If my new game works, I'll be on right after the vice-presidential debate. I can't wait to try online team play.

New disc...same f**king problem Angry.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>