Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: The New Xbox Live Experience...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe New Xbox Live Experience...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The New Xbox Live Experience...
    Posted: 11-26-2008 at 4:04pm
The backgrounds on the avatars are random.

I have RB2 as well.  I have to find my adapter to talk on Live, but I would be down, even though I suck at it.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-26-2008 at 1:19pm
I'd love to play some Rock Band online.  Definitely down for that!
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-26-2008 at 7:29am
I don't have either, so I'm not sure why there would be musical instruments behind my avatar.

I've gone back to playing my real guitar again and even purchased a new amp a few weeks ago.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-25-2008 at 10:54pm
I try them, but he plays them more than I do.  Actually we're having the Thanksgiving-Christmas internet slow down again so I've been spending more time back with MS Flight Simulator.  I installed a bunch of mesh and scenery and have been creating my own scenery now and it is pretty addictive.  Back to 360 though.... we play Rock Band and RB2 on Fridays with my sister over Live as well.  All I'm really playing is that and NHL with Jake as we are working through our second season in the AHL.  Almost done and we feel good about contending for the the Calder cup this year.

I noticed Jason's avatar was asleep with some music instruments behind it.  Do you have RB or RB2 now Jason?

Maybe we could get those of us here that have the game a regular jam night for an hour or so.  We're even trading off singing between my house and my sister's on Fridays.  Talk about torture.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-24-2008 at 12:46pm
I have to say it is fairly amusing scanning the friends list and seeing all the new avatars! :)

I also see that Ted has been buying/renting/playing a lot of the new non-sports stuff!!

Influence of your son, Ted? :)
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-21-2008 at 7:48pm
I don't know what happened last night, but I was able to install NCAA Football today with no problems.
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-21-2008 at 3:45pm
I plan on copying the half dozen games I play the most, and will keep rotating it.  I just did NHL, but I plan on adding NCAA, Tiger Woods, Fallout and Left 4 Dead, plus probably one other.

Even though the load time changes are basically negligible, it is nice not hearing the whhhhhhrrrrrrrrr of the disk, plus it cuts down dramatically on the chance for a DDE.  Really glad I got the 120 gig unit last Xmas now.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-21-2008 at 3:44pm
Yeah, Crackdown isn't compatible.  Nor are the Burger King games... sniff... sniffle...
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-21-2008 at 3:30pm
I have all my games below (in my sig) installed (which includes NCAA 09).  Still have around 78GB's left on my drive.

From what I have read the one game people can't get to install is Crackdown.   Also Halo 3 is apparently a bad choice to install to the HD because it loads much slower.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-21-2008 at 2:13pm
Yes, it should work... via Pastapadre:

" Size of Install: 6.3 GB
Start-up of game into the menu screen: 1:12 (disc) vs 1:01 (hard drive)
Loading into a play now game: 24 seconds (disc) vs 16 seconds (hard drive)
Loading out of a game into the menu screen: 35 seconds (disc) vs 34 seconds (hard drive)
Total time saved: 20 seconds"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>