Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: The New Xbox Live Experience...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe New Xbox Live Experience...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The New Xbox Live Experience...
    Posted: 11-19-2008 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Grambo Bastille

Fazeo's avatar makes him look like one of the Backstreet Boys  Tongue

LOL I'll have to check that out tonight. I thought the avatars were optional, but I had to pick one before doing anything else this morning. For now, I just picked a default one and haven't customized it yet.
koebner View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote koebner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-19-2008 at 7:52pm
The Netflix thing works great,takes almost not time or effort to get set up.There is a lot of  more obscure stuff and music things available than I thought.Finally putting the Media remote to good use.
Install to HDD is smooth and fairly quick-at least as fast as DVD2Xbox on the old-gen Xbox.
Be sure to change your launch setting before doing it;you will then have the option to install or play the game in the disc tray.
Overall,this kind of has the feel of XBMC with the streaming and integration.Some sort of basic browsing capability would be nice,too.
Fazeo View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fazeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-19-2008 at 8:47pm
I am loving the NXE so far. The dashboard is much quicker and everything is better organized.

I can't believe Bastille is ripping on my avatar, his avatar looks like a roadie for W.A.S.P strung out on meth.

Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-20-2008 at 9:07am

That's my pre-wedding moustache.
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-20-2008 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Fazeo

I am loving the NXE so far. The dashboard is much quicker and everything is better organized.

I can't believe Bastille is ripping on my avatar, his avatar looks like a roadie for W.A.S.P strung out on meth.

I changed my shirt yesterday - now I look like a washed out Vietnam Vet.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-20-2008 at 1:44pm
I going to try installing NHL 09 and NCAA Football 09 to my hard drive tonight. It'll be nice to play those games without the disc drive whirling around.
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-20-2008 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

I going to try installing NHL 09 and NCAA Football 09 to my hard drive tonight. It'll be nice to play those games without the disc drive whirling around.

Ditto.

By the way, I played a fantastic game against Jared last night for my online AGE dynasty.  He and I were the only ones of a dozen players to actually have a versus matchup in the bowls.  His 15th ranked Miami team took on my 14th ranked LSU team in the Chick-Fill-A Bowl, both teams sporting an identical 9-3 record.

I started the game off with a four minute TD drive, and he rebounded with a game tying score in the 2nd quarter ..... 7-7 at the half.  In the second half, we kept trading scores.  With about 3-4 minutes to go, I went out in front, but he scored a quick TD to go up 24-21 with just over a minute to go.  My first play from scrimmage was a long screen pass play to get me close to field goal range, but he sacked my QB on the next play.  On fourth down, I got "close" to FG range with 15 seconds left and only one time out.  I ran a quick HB run inside and called time out with 3 seconds left.  He iced the kicker and I had to kick a 33 yarder in "ice-out" mode.  The kick started off to the right but then hooked to the left and barely made it inside the upright ..... overtime.

My ball first.  Grinded my way to a TD.  Jared's turn ..... first play from scrimmage, Interception!  First turnover of the game for either side.  Final score, LSU 31, Miami 24.

Sorry to hijack this thread with a football story, but that game was just so much fun, I'm antsy to get some more games in soon!

Edit - Jared was 10-2, we were 9-3.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-20-2008 at 11:49pm
Sounded fun GB...  We need to get our little Online Dynasty and Season back up and running.

Just downloaded all 6 games I owned.  No big difference in loading for most but the fact that stupid drive is not humming makes it all worthwhile.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-21-2008 at 7:25am
I'm seriously considering the 120GB hard drive for the game installation feature alone. For some reason I couldn't install NCAA Football though. When I put the game in, the Y button wouldn't show up. Was anyone else able to install NCAA Football?
Jaredpk2000 View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaredpk2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-21-2008 at 12:41pm
I know the install to drive feature isn't available for every game, but I don't know if NCAA Football is affected by that.  Might be worth a quick google.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>