Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Video game deals?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedVideo game deals?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Message / View Unread Post
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Video game deals?
    Posted: 03-18-2006 at 5:56pm
Good impressions Ted. Keep 'em coming. BTW, the "Giambi shift" was in last year's game too.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-18-2006 at 6:02pm
Hey Web,  I can play tonight.  11:30?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-18-2006 at 7:12pm
I just created an 'MLB 06: The Show' ladder so you can record the scores of your online games.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-18-2006 at 8:18pm

11:30 will be good, Ted.  I actually forget my online name, but it's WEBPS2 or PS2WEB or something like that. :)  I'll set up the game in an east room, I guess.  I've only been online with the game once, and the set-up is a little clunky, so bear with me if it takes me a while to find you and get started.

What is your online name?

Do you think you can handle all-star, guess pitch?  Or do you want to do veteran? Veteran hitting is just timing based, while all-star is 4 zones.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-18-2006 at 8:47pm
How is the offensive production on All Star online?  I ask because Jason and I tend to play lower difficulties online than off with the thought that a 6-5 game is more fun than a 2-1.

I also think it is more realistic for the human pitcher to be just as worried about the batter as a human batter is about the pitcher.

However,  I'll gladly play a game on All Star to check out how it plays if that is where you prefer to start.

I figure I'll have to make a tag since this is the first time online for me with a 989 product.  I'll be TedSGN or TEDatSGN so look for something like that.

Looking forward to the game!
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-18-2006 at 9:27pm

Yeah, I play HOF offline so my buddy and I played on All-Star online.    We only played one game, but I think the score was 6-2, or something like that.

I'll start it there, but if you are not enjoying it, just quit or something so we can try veteran.  I'm mostly concerned about you handling the pitch speeds if you are just getting used to the game.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-18-2006 at 10:58pm
Do you have a headset or will we be playing mute?  Just wondering.

I won't quit in the middle of a game even if I can't handle the speed.  We'll play it out at All Star.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-18-2006 at 11:19pm

Unfortunately, no headset. :(

I figure we'll use # 3 or # 4 starters, too.

See you in a bit.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-18-2006 at 11:28pm
Good game, Web.  Post it on the ladder and I'll confirm.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-19-2006 at 8:54pm

Originally posted by Ted_L

Good game, Web.  Post it on the ladder and I'll confirm.

So guys, how did the game play online last night? Should it be added to the rotation?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>