Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: SGN Leagues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSGN Leagues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
All-Star
All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SGN Leagues
    Posted: 01-07-2009 at 5:43pm
OK, here we go -

NCAA Football - USC - any level - 6 minute quarters
NHL 09 - Bruins - any setup
NCAA Basketball - UConn - any setup
FIFA - Paris St. Germain (PSG) - any setup
Tiger Woods - Pros - any setup - hopefully every course*

*the league I am in on another site has every course and every fourth week or so runs it as a Major with double points.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-07-2009 at 5:50pm
No problem, will add them.

I would think in most cases (NCAA F/B, NHL, Fifa) we just do a home an away against each team? Something simple?  Just tossing around ideas.

I like the idea with Tiger Woods of playing each course and double point every 4th course played.  Going to go ahead and setup the Tiger one

I am going to take Annika Sorenstam for my pro, if that is okay with you guys. She is my favorite golfer.  Go ahead and pick yours and I will update.

List of players
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Woods_PGA_Tour_09

Jason you might want to change the title to (League creation thread) since we are covering numerous games.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-07-2009 at 5:57pm
Maybe I'll buy it if it goes on sale. I don't want to over-commit either. Three games should be enough for me right now.
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-07-2009 at 5:59pm
I sent a Fazeo an email.  I know he has NCAA Football, NHL 09, Tiger Woods.  He doesn't have FIFA, and he just got March Madness 08 (not NCAA Basketball 09).
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-07-2009 at 6:17pm
If it is only the two of us do you want to have a little head to head league (maybe scatter in a couple exhibition game against our teams) or just drop them.  Regarding Fifa and CB09.

Tiger Woods Tour is setup - let me know if you guys want any changes to the format, etc.

http://www.sportsgamingnation.com/sgnforums/forum_posts.asp?TID=2211

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-07-2009 at 7:04pm
I'm voting for 6 minutes quarters too. I'd like to keep the games at an hour or less.
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-07-2009 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Brent

If it is only the two of us do you want to have a little head to head league (maybe scatter in a couple exhibition game against our teams) or just drop them.  Regarding Fifa and CB09.

Tiger Woods Tour is setup - let me know if you guys want any changes to the format, etc.

http://www.sportsgamingnation.com/sgnforums/forum_posts.asp?TID=2211

Sounds good, except if it becomes 1v1 in the league, I may change to a Premier League team as well (since I suck and so does PSG).
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-07-2009 at 7:30pm
I can pick an equivalent French team to PSV.  I could always take Toulouse and sport those crazy purple/pink kits they are sporting.  I rarely play with French teams so it would be fresh for me.

Jaredpk2000 View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaredpk2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-08-2009 at 9:03am
I would be interested in an NCAA basketball dynasty as well.  I really liked the demo and initially passed on the full game because of no online dynasty.  I would pick it up if I could complete a four man league for it.  
Jaredpk2000 View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaredpk2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-08-2009 at 9:10am
Just my opinion, and I don't really care either way... but if we are running a football league with a home and away match for everyone I would love to see home field advantage factor in.  I know Jason doesn't like the gimmicks, but I think its a neat addition to the game.  Also, if we have a playoff system... it would make it that much more important that you do well in the regular season.

My two cents.... and I'm happy to play either way.  I'm just looking forward to playing some more games that have a little meaning to them.

PS - I'm surprised grambo didn't elect to pick LSU again so he could use half back screens to throw for a million yards on me again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>