Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: SGN Leagues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSGN Leagues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
All-Star
All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SGN Leagues
    Posted: 01-08-2009 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Jaredpk2000

PS - I'm surprised grambo didn't elect to pick LSU again so he could use half back screens to throw for a million yards on me again.

Tongue

A lot of good they did me - I still had to survive you icing my kicker to get the game into overtime!

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-08-2009 at 10:41am
What effects does home field advantage add to the game? I've never played with it and forgot about what it does. I'd be willing to give it a try though.

I've also renamed the thread to SGN leagues since we're talking about more than football.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-08-2009 at 12:23pm
Home Field Advantage is the thing where visiting teams get those squiggly lines when the intensity of the crowd is raised. It also affects players morale more if they are doing bad.

I would agree with this and even ice the kicker, since we have not used them in the past and they are going to be head to head games.

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-08-2009 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Jaredpk2000

I would be interested in an NCAA basketball dynasty as well.  I really liked the demo and initially passed on the full game because of no online dynasty.  I would pick it up if I could complete a four man league for it.  

All we would need is one more.  Any guys over at AGE site that might be interested?

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-08-2009 at 3:03pm
I'm looking at wrapping this up by tomorrow, so anyone else interested in the NCAA League needs to say so now. I'll start putting the schedule together this weekend.
Jaredpk2000 View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaredpk2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-08-2009 at 3:35pm
I don't know of anyone off the top of my head from AGE that has the game.  For whatever reason, age has never attracted many sports gamers.  I would safely say they have over two hundred fairly active members and have never been able to establish a Madden league... that is kinda shocking.
Fazeo View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fazeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-08-2009 at 3:49pm
I'm interested in the TW09 league, but I need to pop the game in first before I choose a pro golfer.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-08-2009 at 9:19pm
I can get a fourth for NHL if we need it. Let's see what happens tomorrow.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-09-2009 at 6:32pm
I'm going to start setting up the site for the NCAA Football league with the schedule. I'm going to start another thread to finalize the quarter length, difficulty and home-field advantage options.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-13-2009 at 4:48pm
Sorry GB but I lent my copies of Fifa and NHL to a friend. I doubt I will get them back and will probably wait until the 2010 versions.  I just burned out on hockey, which is typical for me.

I would really like to get a NCAA Basketball league started.   Going to make a post at DSP and see if any of those guys are interested.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>