Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: SGN Leagues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSGN Leagues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SGN Leagues
    Posted: 01-07-2009 at 9:55am
It seems as though our current NCAA Football league is not going anywhere. Brent and I have discussed starting a new league that wouldn't require as much time to complete. We'd basically pick our team and play either 2 or 4 games against each of the other league members, depending on how many people join. You'd ALWAYS play with your chosen team.

I'd like to require that at least one game be played per week and I'd hand out forfeits unless prior notice was given. Quarter length and skill level have not been determined and we'd like everyone that joins to suggest what they think is best. Brent prefers All-American and I prefer Varsity for the more wide-open offense and it forces the user to play better defense.

Also, we're going to stick with playing with the top teams. I'm staying with Georgia and Brent is using Oklahoma. You can feel free to pick any team that you'd like.

Please post here if you're interested. So far, Brent, Grambo, Jared and I are in.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-07-2009 at 10:57am
I'm also thinking of doing something similar with NHL 09 too.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-07-2009 at 12:07pm
You know I am in for NCAA and NHL.  Also in for the following games if enough have them.

NCAA Basketball 09
Fifa 09
Tiger Woods 09

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-07-2009 at 12:24pm
I'd be interested in Tiger Woods too. I just renewed by Xbox Live subscription and want to get my money's worth.

BTW, Amazon is selling a 13-month subscription for $38.99:

12 months + 1 Bonus Month
Jaredpk2000 View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaredpk2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-07-2009 at 2:05pm
In with Florida State.  I like the idea of a forfeit if the game isn't played without a reasonable explanation.

I like All-American difficulty.  6 or 7 min quarters are fine with me
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-07-2009 at 5:10pm
I'm in with NHL, and with the three games Brent mentioned.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-07-2009 at 5:28pm
Well all right GB, good looking out. If we can get just one or two more people playing those games we really have all we need.  Hint to Jason to purchase NCAA Basketball and Fifa 09.  Trade in some of those old games.

So far we have

NCAA09
Brent -  Oklahoma -  AA 7min
Jason - Georgia - Varsity 6min
JaredPK - Florida St - AA 6/7min
Grambo - USC - 6min

NHL 09
Jason - New Jersey
Grambo - Boston

NCAA Basketball
Brent - Oklahoma - All Conf 10 min
Grambo - UCONN

Tiger Woods 09
Brent - Annika Sorenstam
Jason -
Grambo - 

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-07-2009 at 5:29pm
Grambo, what team do you want for NCAA Football? I want to start putting together a schedule.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-07-2009 at 5:34pm
I'll take the Devils for NHL and like using pros in Tiger Woods too. Brent add me to the TW list.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-07-2009 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

I'll take the Devils for NHL and like using pros in Tiger Woods too. Brent add me to the TW list.

and NCAA Basketball? Embarrassed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>