Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : Online Gaming
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Racing?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRacing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Racing?
    Posted: 01-27-2009 at 10:42am
I LOVED racing with PGR4 online. Grambo's right, it is a great party game. I'd be willing to race anytime. I've done more racing online with PGR4 than any other racing game.
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-27-2009 at 3:54pm

Did any of you lot ever give Forza 2 a go online?  I seem to recall Web might have...Zeppo had a regular race night with that at DSP for a while and it was a blast, though it's probably a little bit too serious for the needs of this thread, and the tracks pale in comparison with PGR4 in both quantity and design.

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-27-2009 at 3:56pm
I've raced with Forza 2 online. It was certainly enjoyable, but not as much fun as PGR4.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-27-2009 at 3:59pm
Is there any car/setup tinkering with PGR 4?  That's when I get lost in racing games.  If you're going to start doing som PGR nights I'd be willing to pick it up.  My racing wheel is very lonely.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-27-2009 at 4:02pm
No, there's no car setups in PGR4. It just pick a car and race.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-27-2009 at 4:23pm
I'll buy PGR as well if we'll get at least 4 guys willing to go at it for a while.

Heh, Adam, I'm not sure what exactly you recall with me and Forza 2 over at DSP, but I was looking to do some racing with it that was, as you put it, a 'little less serious' than what some of the regulars over there were doing, but that didn't end up..uh.. working out all that well. Ouch  I traded the game in pretty quickly after that.

I would definitely be up for something a bit lighter here.
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-27-2009 at 4:52pm

Yes, that's...pretty much how I remember it.  Up until some of the frankly bizarre preening of the last week, that was one of the most peculiar episodes I'd ever seen there.

If we're committing to PGR4, I'm quite happy to go and pick it up again, issuing my standard 'no voice comms beyond a certain time' caveat.  I've done all the offline stuff but I have a lot of fun hotlapping, so I'll get some mileage even if online racing dies on its arse.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-27-2009 at 4:55pm
Count me in.
Grambo Bastille View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grambo Bastille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-27-2009 at 5:21pm
ditto, I'm in.  I'll give Fazeo a jingle too.

I have Forza as well, but it is one of those gearheads games.  They can be fun, but I really don't want to spend time tweaking my car - I just want to race.  I wish more people had the latest Flatout .... the demolition derbies in there are great.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-27-2009 at 6:19pm
Here's who we have so far:
  1. Derek
  2. Adam
  3. Grambo
  4. Jason
  5. Seth?
  6. Fazeo?
I'd HIGHLY recommend this to anyone else that may be interested.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>