Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: Madden 10: Media & Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMadden 10: Media & Info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Legend
Legend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Madden 10: Media & Info
    Posted: 03-12-2009 at 7:28pm
http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=292010

First Madden 10 Feature Revealed

It is my pleasure to introduce Madden’s newest piece of technology, one that is also shared within many of the EA SPORTS games, called "Procedural Awareness". What is it? We’ll you’ve likely heard of “head tracking” with IK. If you haven’t, it’s a way to turn the players head around to face a target dynamically, without the need for canned animations. Well, think of Procedural Awareness (PA for short) as the “next-gen” version of head tracking. Since it is so early in the year, unfortunately I can’t show you any videos of it running in the game, but I can show some “tech demos” of sorts:

the rest at the link

Upcoming Fight Night Champion, MLB 2K11, Top Spin 4
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-12-2009 at 7:29pm
http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2009/02/16/quick-madden-nfl-10-update.aspx

Quick Madden NFL 10 Update

Hey Madden fans, we’re back again with another (quick) update for Madden NFL 10. After talking about technology and philosophy for the past few weeks, we thought it was a good idea to actually show you a new feature this week. Now being that it’s so early in the year, we obviously can’t show big grandiose new features, so we wanted to show something that is in the game that came directly from community feedback and wishlists. It’s been a long time coming for this one...I’m stoked that we were finally able to get this in.

Our screens are in a very rough phase right now but we figured it’s no big deal to show you this screenshot to give away the new feature. I’m sure you’ll notice it right away.

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-12-2009 at 7:30pm
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/293928-madden-nfl-10-blog-2-ratings-philosophy-donny-moore.html

Madden NFL 10 blog 2: Ratings philosophy by Donny Moore

Hey guys, we thought it would be a perfect time to share something that I am personally very excited about for Madden NFL 10. We took each and every rating in the game (over 50+ player ratings) and scaled them up/down in a way that is now using much more of the scale. I like to describe it around the office like this…”We basically stretched out the ratings.” We want to use more of the numbers so we get a bigger, more noticeable affect in the game.

Read the rest at the link...

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-12-2009 at 7:30pm

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-16-2009 at 8:24pm

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-23-2009 at 1:14pm
First Screen (Numerous things in Madden 10 that we should have had all along but it is about Fing time and they better have these things in NCAA 10 or I will go freaking ballistic)

Fight For Every Yard

Posted Mar 23 2009, 09:40 AM For several weeks now, we've been getting a great response for our Madden NFL 10 producer blogs, where the development team has been going deep on things like procedural awareness, improvements to the QB, tuning being done to the wide receivers and DBs, and more. I hope you've been enjoying the level of engagement the team is offering up. If you're a Madden fan, and have any questions about the game in development, I urge you to visit the blogs and engage with the team.

For those following along, hopefully it's already apparent that as we close the books on an incredible two decades of Madden NFL football that we're ushering in an exciting new era for the game with the most detailed and comprehensive edition of Madden in the history of the franchise.  We're hitting the real sweet spot of development for this generation of consoles as the team is really hitting its stride in squeezing every ounce of power and capability from the hardware. In fact, the Madden team is taking such dramatic strides this year that we're in the position to go deep on features and details earlier than we've ever done before.

While we have a number of announcements and updates to come over the next several weeks leading up to next month's NFL Draft, I'm excited to debut the first screenshot from this year's game right here this week.  The old adage says, "A picture is worth a thousand words", and that is certainly true in this fantastic shot.  How many improvements can you pick out?  The Madden dev team will call each one out in their blog later this week.

Over the next several weeks you're going to be hearing more about how this year's game is going to continue to push the boundaries of authenticity in gameplay, presentation, and art style.  It's the fight for every yard in the NFL that makes the battles playing out on Sundays throughout the fall and winter so compelling.  From everything I have seen in Madden NFL 10 so far this year, the authenticity of gameplay is showing striking improvement in physics, realism and responsiveness. Having recently sat through a full product review from our team in Orlando, it's abundantly clear that this could be the deepest, most graphically-rich Madden ever, and a stunning testament to the talented development team who have had a maniacal focus delivering a landmark title to Madden Nation in 2009.

Of course, now's usually a good time of year for the debate to begin raging about who will be on the cover of this year's game.  I've probably been asked a couple of dozen times already over the past month in interviews.  You're not going to get any hints here from me (or are you?), but soon we'll begin highlighting a number of fine candidates who represent that fight for every yard as we build up to late April's announcement.

I know who I want to see...but who would you choose?

Cheers,

Peter

JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-23-2009 at 1:27pm
Looks like refs are back this year.

Don't really give a sh*t who the cover athlete is. Never have, never will.
Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-23-2009 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

Looks like refs are back this year.

Don't really give a sh*t who the cover athlete is. Never have, never will.

You are just mad that it wasn't a Giant on the cover last year and that there is a good chance it will be a Steeler this year. LOLThumbs UpWink

Brent View Drop Down
Legend
Legend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-23-2009 at 1:47pm
Things that have been updated, based on the screenshot (with help from the OS thread on this)

Refs
Chain Gangs
Gatorade Bottles
Training Staff
Better sideline players that do not look like freaking zombies
Better Tuned player models (Bens arms are more realistic)
Super Bowl Patches
Team Specific Super Bowl Sidelines (Steeler yellow on sideline)
Hand Towels
Better OL/DL interaction (looks like a pocket)
Better Lighting
QB holding ball properly (that is how high Ben holds it)
Jerseys and lettering look better
Ben sporting the glove on the left hand

That picture does say a thousand words - GG Madden team so far.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>