Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: UFC 2009 Undisputed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUFC 2009 Undisputed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UFC 2009 Undisputed
    Posted: 06-17-2009 at 6:01pm
I'm looking good for tonight.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-17-2009 at 10:21am
I'll try.  Work is hectic right now.

Jason, we can always make a card "on the fly". 

If I don't show tonight I'm going to try and get a fight card going for Saturday.  Sorry about that.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-17-2009 at 10:15am
Anyone going to be around *early* tonight, like 8:30 eastern?  I can probably get a few in then.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-17-2009 at 9:54am
I was just about to ask you if you were going to keep it Derek.

I'll be around tonight if anyone wants to fight. We can always create a party again and just pick our matches with each other from there.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-17-2009 at 9:44am
Well, I learned your first point the hard way, as my partner kicked my butt in two sparring sessions before a fight, and then I got my first loss in the fight itself.  And then the dude beat me in the re-match, so I went from 5-0 to 5-2. :(

I was cruising along always picking the highest ranked fighter on offer for matches, but I may have outpaced myself.

I'm keeping this one, BTW, (Was on the fence for a while, largely simply because there are a whole bunch of other games out now that I'm really enjoying a lot), so I should be around for some future cards.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-16-2009 at 10:15am
You are absolutely right about the interface.

It might seem like you get more points for whaling, but I think you will do better if you strike as well as defend.  You may be able to out slug your partner one series and not the next.  The sparring partner is sort of a clone of the guy you are going to face.  And it seems to me his skill rises and falls according to that.  So one series he is awful and then for the next fight he seems unbeatable.

You and he both earn points for everything you successfully do.  Strike, kick, elbow, takedown, transition to better position, ground strike, knockdown, knockout, submit attempt and submit.   BUT also sprawl and blocking his transitions.  You can win the whole spar and get max points by just blocking his transitions on the ground.

Remember you get the same points for winning by 1 as winning by 50 so the spar is a great way to work on you defensive game.  Score just enough to win the spar and take the points.  Also use it to size up your next match and figure out what his weaknesses are.  I usually spar the first week after a fight just to size up the next opponent and see what I'm getting into.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-16-2009 at 10:02am
I just started my career mode, and man is the interface/loading clunky.    They really need to work on that for future titles.

Had my first one-strike KO in my third bout, taking out the CPU in 15 seconds during one of those last minute substitution fights that pop-up.  I had reduced stamina for it too, so I guess my guy figured he'd better not waste any time!

Sparring seems awkward in that I seem to get more points by simply whaling on the dude, rather than trying to perform the suggested moves.  Is that right?
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-15-2009 at 11:22am
Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday are all fine with me.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-15-2009 at 10:46am
Sorry, guys.  Got really busy this weekend.  Haven't started work on a new fight card, but am still hoping to get something together for mid-week.  Is this Saturday bad because of Father's Day on Sunday? 

Just putting the feelers out.
Jaredpk2000 View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaredpk2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-11-2009 at 6:59am
It's funny you bring up the patch, I played one ranked match after we fought last night.  I made the guy tap and he disconnected.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>