Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: UFC 2009 Undisputed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUFC 2009 Undisputed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UFC 2009 Undisputed
    Posted: 05-04-2009 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by GB_Simo

A quick play of the demo is making me want to learn a bit more about the technical aspects of the game.  I've only had one fight, which I won using the time-honoured tactic of mashing the face buttons until something useful happened, but it did feel like there was something much deeper underneath and that button mashing would only get me so far (I was, in fact, knocked down first but recovered).  Until the demo hit I didn't know this game existed, but now I'm very interested.

You nailed my feelings exactly. I especially like the feeling of weight behind the punches and kicks. I took a quick look at the controls and was blown away with how many different things you can do. I'm going to play around with this some more once the kids go to bed. I'll be keeping my eye on the previews and reviews of this one now too.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-04-2009 at 7:25pm
I've noticed and really like that there are so many ways to connect with a punch or kick.  For example, in one fight against Jake I hit him three times with a left, but only threw two punches.  The first one connected with the fist.  The second one connected with the fist and then again coming back with the elbow.  So the second punch came in on the side of his head and through, then as my fighter was pulling his left hand back again to set he automatically used his elbow to connect with the opposite side of Jake's face on the return.  It was a real "wow" moment.

Jake and I are about even in wins against each other.  One of my favorite fights I beat him in 30 seconds or so with a submission on his shoulder.  It was fantastic.  He usually uses Liddel and I use Rua.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-04-2009 at 8:29pm
I'd grab this one for sure if there was enough online interest around here.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-05-2009 at 9:18pm
I started working my way through the tutorial tonight. This game is pretty deep.
Jaredpk2000 View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaredpk2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-06-2009 at 8:31am
I haven't had the benefit of playing a human opponent yet, but I have logged several matches against the cpu.  The level of depth on this game is amazing.  I really like the fact that the game pulls off the feeling of depth without being a button mashing fest, but rather relies on tactical fighting.

My only complaint with the game is the extremely random knockouts that happen when you turn the game up to advanced or higher.  I know that can be the nature of the UFC, but it seems like an extreme case.  It could just be since I typically play with Shogun and Liddell does have some of the heaviest hands in the sport.  I can control the ground game very well, but I seem to have issues actually dealing out much punishment once I get side control or mount.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-06-2009 at 10:05am
I concur with the statement about advanced, although I have knocked Liddell down on several occasions with just a couple of punches, well timed and placed.  I've never knocked him out like that, though, and he has me.  It may be a difficulty level issue.  I can say that this doesn't seem to be an issue in human v. human as Jake and I had one punch knockdowns and knockouts on each other, some of the best being high kicks to the head as the opponent was rushing in.
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaredpk2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-06-2009 at 2:31pm
Whats the secret with submissions?  I can only submit people with Shogun when I have a healthy stamina advantage and they either got rocked or gassed themselves from trying to get away from the ground and pound.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-06-2009 at 4:56pm
I'm not sure.  At first I thought it was a keep turning the stick thing, but now I don't know at all how to finish off the submission.  The only thing I can think of is to perform the controller move over and over until it is done?
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-08-2009 at 6:47pm
I'm officially in chomping at the bit, can't wait for release mode.  I just played my first bout on expert and KO'd Liddell with a knee perfectly placed under the chin in :43 of the first round. 

I can't wait to start Teddy Hammerzeit on his career in the MMA

Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaredpk2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-13-2009 at 3:45pm
I tried Liddell on higher difficulty settings and found it much easier to win with him then it was with Rua.  I know my shortcoming with using Rua is I get Chuck taken down or in clinch but I can't do much with it on the mat.  I think my problem is blocking Chucks transitions... I don't know how to do it.  I spend most time on the mat transitioning over and over.  If I knew the timings on when to block tranisitions I think I would do much better.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>