Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: UFC 2009 Undisputed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUFC 2009 Undisputed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
Author
MVP
MVP

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UFC 2009 Undisputed
    Posted: 06-06-2009 at 4:42pm
That gif is fantastic!  I got cold-cocked once when I went for a takedown just as my opponent threw a knee.  Went right into his kneecap with my nose.  Done.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-06-2009 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by TedSGN

I didn't see a practice mode in the menu.  I saw the tutorial mode though.

There's a practice mode option when you go into the tutorial menu. You can set the CPU opponent do to a bunch of different things, including just standing there. I'm finding this very helpful in practicing my moves.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-06-2009 at 4:56pm
I did see that this morning.  It does look helpful.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-06-2009 at 9:49pm
My wife thanks you guys for getting me hooked on this game Wink - I've been playing it nonstop since I got home with it. What everyone's been saying is right - the more you play and the better you get, the more fun the game becomes. I'll be ready for some online matches VERY soon.
Slumberland View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote Slumberland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-06-2009 at 10:41pm
North South!  North South!

Ha ha... the fist vid I watched of this game looked like a homoerotic manual for face-to-genital contact (not that there's anything wrong with that), but the more I hear and watch about it, I like the specificity and unpredictability of the combat, though I'm no UFC fan.  But then I read reviews saying that shouldn't dissuade me either.  Like I need another game to get into!  This is like November of 2004 all over again.

Mostly, if Web likes it, I'm afraid I might like it, because more and more I am thinking that we are the same person. Smile
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-06-2009 at 10:52pm
I'm not a UFC fan either and I'm loving this game. Ted just kicked my ass twice online, but it was a lot of fun. It really becomes a strategic game when you get the hang of it.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-06-2009 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by JasonSGN

I'm not a UFC fan either and I'm loving this game. Ted just kicked my ass twice online, but it was a lot of fun. It really becomes a strategic game when you get the hang of it.

Just an FYI: Jared is hosting a UFC tournament at AGE on June 19th. Here's the link:

AGE UFC Tournament
Jaredpk2000 View Drop Down
Rookie
Rookie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaredpk2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-07-2009 at 10:51pm
Everyone from here is welcome to partake in it, so if your available that night sign up!
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-09-2009 at 11:47am
This game earned me some bad parenting demerits, it seems.

So, my kids (6 & 3) were really smacking into each other a little while ago, more than my wife had ever seen them do.  After pulling them apart, she asked them what they were doing and they answered that they were Ultimate Fighting.

I got a phone call. BoxingOuch
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-09-2009 at 11:50am
uh oh Unhappy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>