Sports Gaming Nation Homepage

Leagues & Ladders       League Shop        XGN Blog        Middle Aged Gamer        FlightSim Hangar        SGN Archive       
Forum Home Forum Home : SGN Forum : The Locker Room
  Active Topics Active Topics RSS Feed: UFC 2009 Undisputed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedUFC 2009 Undisputed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Rookie
Rookie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaredpk2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UFC 2009 Undisputed
    Posted: 04-24-2009 at 10:26am
The demo came out Thursday and I'm pretty damn impressed with the game.  Of course, I am a fairly avid follower of UFC, so it appeals to me naturally.

I don't know if there are any other fans of ultimate fighting here.  Either way, you should at least give the demo a spin.  The technical aspects of the sport are well represented and the gameplay is pretty smooth.

I will definitely rent this from Gamefly.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-24-2009 at 10:54am
I'm always interested in a good fighter. I'll have to check it out this weekend.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-24-2009 at 7:13pm
Thanks for the heads up.  I'm not a follower of the sport, but I am interested in the game.  Will try the demo.

TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-02-2009 at 11:40pm
Jake and I played the demo and it is quite fun.  There are so many combos and the animations are smooth and the fighters look great.  The damage in bruising, swelling, and cuts is top notch.  I might buy this one.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-03-2009 at 2:59pm
After playing the demo some more I am strongly leaning towards buying this one.  Its very fun against another human and solid fun even against the CPU.  There something very satisfying about pulling off the different moves and attempting submissions.  And its always just base carnal pleasure smashing a guy with hammer fists as he lays on the ground.
Derek View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-03-2009 at 5:29pm
I've dl'ed the demo but have yet to play.  I've enjoyed some of the earlier UFC titles that came out on and since the Dreamcast.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-03-2009 at 5:59pm
I'm going to download it once I decide which game to remove from my HD (MLB 2K9 or NHL 09). I really need a bigger hard drive.
TedSGN View Drop Down
MVP
MVP

Post Options Post Options   Quote TedSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-03-2009 at 7:35pm
I'm interested in both of your opinions of the demo.  Jake and I went from pretty much straight button mashing (which was fun) to figuring out exactly what we wanted to execute and playing to our fighters strengths.  By the time we finished up today you could hardly hear the buttons being pressed anymore and it became as much of a thinking/tactical game as a fighting game.  I found myself balancing my fight between reacting to Jake's attacks with counters and executing my own strategy.
JasonSGN View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JasonSGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-04-2009 at 4:56pm
Downloading it right now.
GB_Simo View Drop Down
All-Star
All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Quote GB_Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-04-2009 at 5:18pm

A quick play of the demo is making me want to learn a bit more about the technical aspects of the game.  I've only had one fight, which I won using the time-honoured tactic of mashing the face buttons until something useful happened, but it did feel like there was something much deeper underneath and that button mashing would only get me so far (I was, in fact, knocked down first but recovered).  Until the demo hit I didn't know this game existed, but now I'm very interested.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>